on 26 March 2011
A great bike, well made, smooth quick release sections, well thought out. A bit on the heavy side when attached to a racer but at least it's nice a stable! It's perfect for my 4 year old, and we've bought a back rest to use for added security until she's a bit bigger. A great purchase and you won't be dissapointed.
on 8 April 2012
I think I am one of the un-lucky one's in that the quality of the WeeRide I received was terrible. I have spoken with Amazon in the hope of getting a replacement in time for our holiday but they could not guarantee delivery in time so we now need to buy elsewhere (on Easter weekend... unlikely!)

When I first took the bike out of its box I spotted damage to the paintwork, given that I have seen the response to previous reviews I decided to photograph the damage prior to unwrapping and assembly. As I unwrapped more issues appeared so I photographed them as I went, I now have 20 photographs and a dissapointed 5yr old as this bike has to go back with little chance of a replacement before our holiday

The issues are as follows:

The paintwork is damaged in numerous places and the quality of the actual spraying is poor.

The welds are poor with porosity & worm-holing to name a couple of defects (I am an ex Army Engineer trained in welding so I know what I'm talking about) apart from the poor visual quality this leaves, there is the potential for problems with corrosion in the near future.

As a further example of poor welding is that the travel stops (lugs welded on at the pivot bracket) are not evenly spaced so you get further travelon one side and restricted on the other. The screw lugs for attaching the front mudguard are also not aligned centrally so you have to push the mudguard into the chain guard in order to get the screws in.

The stickers aren't straight (if this alone I would have kept the bike as not massive issue)

The centre bolt securing the handle bars has been fitted with washers that are too big, as you tighten the bolt, the washers are pushed to the side opening a hole straight into the stem (more water ingress and corrosion issues in the future)

The tubing from the seat tube to the rear (seat stay & chain stay) have not been closed with weld (look at any other bike and the ends of the tubing are closed with weld to stop water ingress)

There are other issues but you get the idea. This bike (and I hope it's a one off) is extremely poor quality. I could accept one or maybe two minor issues as just bad luck but so many on one bike makes me question the quality control in place at manufacture.
on 15 August 2011
I researched all the options extensively before deciding to buy the Weeride aluminium trailer bike (Pro Pilot). The UK distributor (Mat) was a great help answering questions I had, excellent customer service how it should be. The bike was easy to set up and attach to the adult bike - and so far I have been very impressed with the quality and value for money of this product. You could spend a lot more to get the same thing with a more recognised brand (e.g. Trek etc) - this does the job perfectly and my son loves it! Would definitely recommend this product.
on 7 May 2012
The Weeride co pilot tag along trailer arrived exactly when i had been told it was so was worth the extra money for the express delivery (no hanging around to be done). Set up the tag along this morning, found it very easy to set up, instructions straight forward and packaging brilliant. Which was good as i am single mum who finds mechanics and reading instructions difficult. So within an hour my 4 yr old (soon to be 5) was enjoying a bike ride with me, soon followed by his 7 year old brother who gave it go. It is noticeable the difference between the 2, the heavier one tended to sway the tag along slightly but it was corrected easily once we all got used to what we needed to do. A brilliant piece of equipment, enabling me and my 2 boys to go on longer bike rides and enjoy the wet bank holiday. I would definitely recommend!
on 3 October 2013
Excellent attachment for the back of my bike to allow my 5 year old Son to ride along. He actually prefers going out on this than riding his own bike. I think he likes the idea he is pushing me along a bit. I need all the help I can get
on 3 August 2011
It's cheap, so you get what you pay for. Manufacture quality is poor, and it's quite heavy. My 5YO daughter can just get on it with the seat at it's lowest - and she's tall for her age. Other than quality, the other gripe is the huge clamp which you have to bolt on to the towing bike. But it's OK for - hopefully - my children to get familiar with balance and speed, so I'm hoping we're not using it for too long.
66 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 August 2013
It lives outdoors BUT the quality of the chrome on handlebars is so poor it needs polishing almost weekly to keep it clean, the mudguard needs to be damped to stop it rattling
on 18 March 2014
This is a brilliant product, easily attaches to the back of my bike and me and my son can go out for long cycle rides. But be warned, you will have to do most of the peddling ;)
on 22 March 2013
Just as described,good quality solidly built,easy to assemble. Lived up to all descriptions and half the price of similar products .Grandaughter loves being co-pilot.
on 31 July 2011
I had a review posted on here several weeks ago which amazon appears to have removed.strange?!? I had concerns re build quality and design of product. I sent my co-pilot back as it also had a defective wheel. I have no problems with amazon as they promptly refunded me.
Check U.S amazon site for peoples issues with this tag a long re design and construction. The attaching bracket does not appear safe, Mine came loose without even having the tag a long attached to bike.
I paid an extra 50 quid and got a much better tag a long which has just been rigorously tested with my son in Austria!