on 8 May 2015
No instructions you need to squint at a small photo that comes with it and use a process of elimination to decide what goes where. Wheel either fits too high up or if low enough down rubs hopelessly against the base. One of the tabs on the tubes broke during assembly it may hold or perhaps need superglued later. Water bottle slips out of the holder. Water bottle cage clip has half broken already as well. Various gaps that are too tight for the hamster to climb through but still it has a go all the same. Possibility of a serious fall for the rodent also. OK it's a nice big cage but is too expensive considering all the flaws that you have to resolve for yourself. Not impressed with this 4/10
on 31 January 2012
This cage quite simply is perfect! Everything is an excellent size for a full grown Syrian. It is very big and at a good price. While it is expensive for a hamster cage, it was made worth it for its size, by allowing my hamster to have a good run around and explore. Plus there is plenty of space for keeping boredom-breakers in there.
Although no instructions were provided, it was very easy to put together once I had worked out how to put the tubing together.
The wheel is a very good size (approx 8") and although it has to go high on the bars to prevent rubbing, placing a tunnel toy in front of it allows the hamster to get up.
The only problem was regarding the water bottle - it leaked, however I find it is always best to buy a water bottle separately.
The little pink pod makes an excellent home and is actually very large.

I highly recommend this cage to anyone with a Syrian - however it may be too large for dwarf hamsters.
on 5 February 2011
We bought our original cage (a different brand) thinking it was very large, but it quickly became apparent that ours was a very active hamster and needed an even bigger cage. The trouble was finding one that was large based, rather than just tall as I don't like wire platforms. This cage fit the bill perfectly! It's huge (seriously, mark its size out on your floor) and hamster loves it. He spends ages running through the tube and sitting in the plastic hammock, and there's also plenty of room for toys. Even better is that the savic range are compatible with the Ferplast tubes, so we've just ordered a T shaped connector, a corner piece and the ferplast lab to add to his tubes above the cage.

The only thing I can't rate is the wheel. It looks good, but we already had a perfectly good one that we moved from the old cage, so I can't comment on how good that it, but if it's anything like the rest of the cage then it'll be very good.

Highly recommended.
on 12 January 2013
Harry, my hamster, absolutlely loves his new cage. It is so spacious and it gives him lots of opportunities to explore. In fact Harry is like a "new hamster" he is so much happier since he got this cage. Harry and Iwould highly recommend it.
on 26 February 2013
Great cage. New hamster loves it. Feels secure in the tubes and cosy in his hammock. Its big so it took a couple of weeks before he got used to it and felt comfortable to roam around the downstairs part. The wheel is far too noisy - could hear it from the floor below and kept my little boy awake. Had to take it out and buy a silent one. The cage is big and takes up a lot of room in my sons bedroom but worth it to know hamsters got plenty of space to run around and explore.
on 17 April 2012
Although this cage is on the pricey side, it's huge and makes a great home for your hamster. It's good fun to watch him/her running around exploring and though my hamster was initially wary of the tubes, she now loves them. I didn't assemble the cage myself and my Mum said it didn't come with instructions but that it wasn't too hard to figure out how to put it together. One thing you do have to be careful of is the big front opening - I made the mistake of not closing it on the correct row of bars, leaving a gap for the hamster to try and escape. All in all I would definitely recomment this product.
review image review image
on 24 May 2016
We have had our hamster for 18 months and this is the third cage we have purchased (previous two, despite being recommended for a Syrian were clearly inadequate). Lack of written instructions and black & white photo instructions as your only guide for assembly, is my only complaint. However, if you refer back to the photo on Amazon, this will help you immensely. The cage is very robust and offers a vast running area. Worth the extra money, shame we didn't buy this one in the first place!
on 15 December 2013
Purchased for the Syrian hamster we rehomed as he came in a tiny cage. He was so excited to have all the extra space that when we put him it his little legs were shaking and he didn't know what to investigate first!! He spends hours running round the track and loves the tunnels and places to hide. The only downside is the wheel is still too small but replaced with a large one also purchased off Amazon which fits in easily.
on 11 January 2011
Cannot believe what brilliant value for money this particular cage is. At [...] it is half the price anywhere else is selling it for. It is enormous compared to our hamster's current cage and provides plenty of room for exercise and has some very well designed boredom breakers such as the tunnels, hammock and tracked platform. Connecting the bends of the tunnels is a bit tricky so take care not to force them into place. An excellent product for [...] - well recommended.
on 20 June 2013
We chose this cage as its the only one thats recommended by the RSPCA.and it is brilliant.the hamster looks like he has a smile on his little face now.
Very expensive,but worth every penny.