VINE VOICEon 12 December 2011
The price of this has dropped amazingly since its release.
However it is also available on the App store as single apps (minus iWeb and iDVD) an d is slightly cheaper to upgrade a single component.
Note that you can't buy iWeb and iDVD on the App Store, so the disk is the only way you can get hold of these if they're not already installed on your machine. I won't review either iWeb or iDVD as they're unchanged since iLife '09.

Apart from a major upgrade bug in iPhoto, the apps went on both my machines OK. (iMac and Macbook both 2007 vintage).

**iPhoto**
On Lion this makes a lot more sense - you lose some features on Snow Leopard such as full screen. The edit tools are much the same - but the automatic red eye remover is really good, I used to have to to this manually often but not any more. The strip under the pictures is good too.

**iMovie**
Not much changed to be honest, the trailer feature is fun but a bit of a gimmick and apart from a sound feature there's not much new here.

**GarageBand**
Don't really use this, some nice new lessons with more feedback might tempt me to.

So apart from iPhoto not a lot of new features, however the main problem I had was during installation - I installed and then went to software update ans upgraded 9.0 -> 9.2.0 -> 9.2.1. DO NOT DO THIS, it basically wrecked iPhoto on a day when I needed my laptop. The correct update is to install, then open iPhoto accept the software update to 9.1 and then upgrade to 9.2.1. This is very poor, as it required a major amount of fiddling around with to fix (using AppCleaner). Apple should have fixed it, and this is the first time I've seen this with an Apple application upgrade.

So worth buying, I think if you have Lion probably as long as you avoid the upgrade pain. I like the new iPhoto although I appreciate this is heresy(!)
on 3 January 2016
iPhoto failed to install on my MacBook Pro and I returned the DVD for a full refund. But I'd rather have had the updated iLife package. Not sure if this was a problem with this particular DVD or it's down to Apple's current policy of preventing installation of older software and forcing everybody onto their newest versions - especially iCloud - whether they want to or not.
on 23 March 2013
No iWeb app which meant I had to do some jiggery pokery to get it on my iMac. Removing iWeb form the ILife suite was a particular S****y move by Apple leaving millions of customers frustrated. No issues with the pack itself just miffed at iWeb being missing.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 October 2012
Haven't found anything much to rave about with this upgrade and found some aspects of iPhoto to be a retrograde step. As a long term Apple supporter, 20 plus years, wish sometimes we could return to the old systems and software that worked really well and was ahead of the game such as Mac Draw Pro, Resolve and Mac Write Pro all great programes but abandoned by Claris in favour of Office etc.
on 12 February 2014
This loaded fine on my mac but when I tried to open iphoto I found it had installed old version over mine and deleted all my photos. Tech guy tried to retrieve but couldn't find them.
on 9 June 2012
Had to buy this as new iMAC did not come with iDVD preinstalled and at the time I could not find any way to buy it separately (although I believe iDVD can now be purchased separately).
Fast, efficient delivery and very competitively priced, would definitely recommend this seller.
on 9 October 2011
Heard good things about iMovie 11 - tried it instore and was impressed, find the templates for creating a narrative to your movies/photo montages very useful. Not tried Garageband (though looking forward to more flexible audio options) or iPhoto (though heard bad things about this so won't be installing!).
on 29 July 2011
There's a lot of mixed reviews about the latest iLife.
I personally really like the new iPhoto. I use GarageBand rarely, but I think it's a great bit of software, and at this price you really can't go far wrong!
on 15 November 2012
To be expected with Apple, bought this to fill in the gap with new Mac, it didn't come with any web design templates, iLife '11 has iWeb, which is so easy to use for designing websites, worth the investment.Would recommend it to others for certain.
on 27 August 2013
Being desperate to burn a home movie, I followed forum recommendations and bought this. I,m not entirely sure it has helped because I am still struggling ..... it did,nt cost much!