on 26 July 2014
These are the 'commercial version' of the best quality Duracell batteries. Apparently, because retail blister packs add substantially to the retail cost these Procell batteries, otherwise identical, can be sold at a lower price. They are normally found as manufacturer's original equipment, in my case supplied with a £3,000 inset gas fire. You can tell their quality because they actually weigh nearly twice as much as many other similar size batteries.
12 people found this helpful
on 21 December 2014
I cannot comment on the life of these batteries as I cannot administer any form of methodical measurement regarding use of items being powered and frequency of battery changes so it would be purely guesswork. That said - the ones I use seem to last well.

Why do I rate them highly? They all work when inserted (no duff ones), they're easy to store and access in this format (no fiddly blister packs that are difficult to open) and great value delivered quickly.

Batteries in our house are not particularly well managed by 'other family members' so any discarded ones I come across are saved in a tub near my computer where the final drops of power are sucked out of them by my cordless mouse (I get a couple of weeks or so of decent use) before going to recycling.

I am thwarted in my attempts to manage any form of rechargeable battery regime (except for me personally as a tradesman) so these provide an acceptable compromise.

Please note I have used the same review for all my purchases of different size/rating Procell batteries as they are my battery of choice and the same principles apply.
4 people found this helpful
on 11 January 2015
These batteries are as good or even better than what you can buy in the high street. I don't know whats with the name and branding but I conducted a really simple experiment. I put in two of these procell batteries in some simple xmas lights. You know the type, about 15 lights in all. All LED. I left them running for 24 hours a day. With the procells I got just over a month before the lights totally went off. With the duracell batteries you buy in the shops I got just under a month. Now I am not saying that this is conclusive evidence and before I get sued by anyone I agree there are many other factors involved etc. etc. However for me this was enough to get me to just stock up on these whenever I am in need.
on 15 June 2016
Great professional batteries, they seemed to be heavier than the regular ones you buy in stores

The Procell from Duracell is not available for purchase from your average local stores. I have read these batteries are used in commercial applications. The batteries do seem to be heavier than the regulars you can buy from any store. I installed them in a wireless bell system and I can confirm they last long time. I would say longer than standard batteries of the same brand.

I can't believe they are cheaper than standard Duracell batteries.
on 8 February 2016
If you want a C battery that will act just as a C battery should and never try to run away with your wife, then you're in luck. These are carved from the horns of unicorns and dipped in the laughter of babies before being lovingly packaged and teleported into the hand of your faithful delivery man just as he arrives at your door.
on 14 June 2015
Was dubious they would be any better than any other batteries but got these simply cos there was 10 in a pack and i needed 4 at a time.

used these to run my babys swing (so it was rocking a 13 1/2 lb baby with vibrate and music for 20 mins at a time 2-4 times a day) and one set of 4 batteries lasted just over a week. (most other brands last about 5 days) did not see that comming.

Buying again.
on 6 October 2015
Seems s great price but they didn't last long in my Roberts radio which needs 5 of these st a time. . I agree it was accidentally left on "standby" but they had expired within 24 hours. They are lasting better now I'm switching the radio off. But is have expected better than 24 hours. Disappointed.
on 15 March 2016
Very happy with this 10 pack of Duracell batteries for a great price. Needed 4 C batteries to operate my cats automatic feeder. Excellent value for money for Duracell batteries. Given the quality of Duracell batteries these should last me for a very long time, compared with other cheaper batteries which end up costing just as much money once you've gone through a couple of lots
on 13 December 2012
Good price for an Alkaline battery. Don't be fooled by the name Duracell as when you get your hands on equivalent competitor datasheets you will see that there is no difference in performance for most of them. Would recommend based on price and value for money.
9 people found this helpful
on 28 February 2016
The batterys arrived on time well packed . I bought the batterys for a new radio that I have. They fitted well but I did not think they lasted very long. They were a good price.