on 28 October 2010
Arcade Fire are an interesting band musically and the lyrics are also very new and fresh in an otherwise dreary music business which ahs a severe lack of natural talent. A welcome breath of fresh ideas which will find them many fans at all ages. Neon Bible is also woth a listen I suspect they will be very famous come the new year!!
on 26 October 2014
Arcade Fire came to my attention after watching their live performance at Glasto 2014 on the beeb. Fantastic show by them. So I set about buying their studio albums and the first one was their most recent, Reflektor that I really do like. That was followed by Funeral, also very good and now this one. It takes a bit of listening to. One of those albums that gradually grow on you. Will sometime go for the bands other albums and see how I get on.
on 6 January 2014
This album has some great tracks on it. It has real energy and some lovely drumbeats. Not being a music analyst I don't know why I like the odd tripping beats on some tracks but they really work for me. Highly recommended.
on 5 April 2012
I had previously heard this album before I purchased it, but i was un-aware of the intelligence this amazing LP contained. I would definitely recommend it to anyone with a love for music and for a great price all the bonus features are worth it, it comes with a limited edition cover, an Arcade Fire postcard and pictures of the film created with lyrics from the album.

The actual album is an epic soundtrack to an amazing story that unfolds with the epic, artistic and abstract short film. This is what i look for when trying to add beautiful sounds to my music collective.

I feel proud to own this stunning album.
One person found this helpful
on 1 March 2013
On first few listens I really hated this. I've no idea why I decided to go back and listen again but I did. And it really grew on me. As such I've decided that this really does have some pretty nice songs on it. A really good album.
on 8 February 2017
Arcade Fire's best album.
on 11 June 2015
Great album but had to exchange (promptly by Amazon) a couple of times to get a decent vinyl pressing.
on 24 November 2013
Have all their other albums, only lacking this one. It's a great album from a great band, extra fun with vinyls (:
2 people found this helpful
on 10 July 2014
Great album......won many accolades including Best International album at the 2011 Grammys.

Worth buying for the title tracks, Ready to Start, and Sprawl II alone.

I woudl suggest, if you are new to AC to try 'Reflektor' first.......their best work
on 29 December 2012
My only criticism of Arcade Fire is that they aren't prolific enough....I love their music, even though I am in my dotage (69!)....the energy and excitement they convey carries me away, and I'm moved too by the quieter melancholic tracks. Lovely stuff