on 11 January 2012
I could think of a lot of other acronyms to use for this game but FEAR was not one of them. The levels are linear, gone are the abilities to stealth and blitz, no more outwitting the enemy and forcing tatical retreat. In this game you can sit behind a piece of scenery and wait for the enemy to come to you or heal your health. Levels are short, you have auto-heal and there is barely any ammo restrictions on later levels. Theres even the autosave feature. It's almost everything I've come to dread from a simple console port. FEAR was about tatics and thought. It's nice to see both those were cut... for game pacing. It looks okay and fills a weekend and you even get to play as Fettel but that's pretty much all the game has left to offer. For under a tenner it'll do...
3 people found this helpful
on 2 July 2013
I really like this game but it is short at around 10 hours. Weapons aren't anything special, don't feel very realistic. Mech combat is q good but predictable. Very linear game. A nice touch is that after playing a level as point man (soldier with bullet time and fast healing) you can play as his psychopathic dead brother Fettel who can possess people ( you then actually play as the person you possess for a short time- then you can explode them from within). You can pin people against walls or float them in mid air before either knifing them or hitting them with your psychic blast until they explode. You can also throw objects around( but I tend to kill myself if a gas canister hits an object 4 feet in front of me). Fettel is overpowered compared to point man. Once you complete the game Alma decides who is the favourite son (point man or Fettel) and the ending is different. Best to play purely as point man first to see that ending, then as Fettel as Alma (your Uber powerful psychic zombie mum) will decide based on your level score and since Fettel is overpowered his score is always higher. Worth playing at this price.
on 13 November 2017
great item
on 15 October 2017
The Singleplayer Campain is a Collection of Multiplayermaps with AI Bots spawning around.... Fear 3 is in its best a very good Multyplayerschooter with Elements from Fear 1&2!
on 25 May 2013
I am yet to play this game in the middle of the night but as an obsessed fan of the first 2 games and expansion packs this review may not be objective. Sufficed to say that the game is incredible but does require on-line activation via STEAM. Steam is a nice application for accessing your games with though and CAN be accessed offline. Unlike ubisoft you don't need a constant on-line connection to play this game.

Hope you guys love it as much as i do...
on 30 July 2017
Happy with product
on 15 June 2016
As it stands, a bargain right now at £5, makes for a movie night alone
on 29 July 2016
I liked it as much as all the other Fear series.
on 14 February 2017
its ok
on 27 October 2013
I expected a similar experience to that of Fear 2 but alas no.

I gave this a 3 star rating because it is still a good game but to modern to my liking.

It may be just me of course. I may need to get used to the new controls and options this game provides.

I haven't played it much for this reason alone. I may need to fire it up again.

I really loved Fear 2 and that is why I expected it to be like Fear 2 this game when I tried it out.

See one answered question