Customer reviews

Britax DUO plus / VERSAFIX Performance PAD

on 5 April 2013
This must be the most expensive piece of foam ever marketed. How can Britax justify such an outrageous price for something which should have been fitted in the seat in the first place? They know they have got you over a barrel because it is for child safety.
I will never buy another Britax product again.
If I'm ever in a shop selling their goods, I will offer my opinions to any prospective buyers. All friends and relatives will be told about it , etc , etc.
You've really got me started!
on 7 April 2011
This is a small bit of foam that must cost about 10p to make. It fits in the Duo car seat as specified and is compulsory for BMWs and a few other makes of car (otherwise Britax claim the seat is not safe). If thats the case they should supply it with the seat but of course as a parent you have to shell out for it. I got mine from Halfords which was a bit cheaper but still over priced.
on 15 May 2013
As per other reviewers, it's a piece of foam. Costs 10p to make. If this cost me 10p I would rate it 5stars. If it cost me £1 I'd still give it 5stars. But it cost me near on £20 for something that should be provided par for course. I like the duo seat, but this is simply a con, would think twice before purchasing from Britax again
on 23 December 2013
I'll be honest - the product itself is fine, but I resent the fact that I had to even buy it. It's a damn piece of foam that could've easily been included with the car seats it's designed to augment.

If you have one of the unlucky cars that requires this pad, I feel for you.
on 10 January 2013
I still don't quite know what this does, but the manual said we had to have it for our BMW (and some other cars). It fits underneath the fabric cover of the baby seat, not on the car's seat as I first thought. It took about 2 mins to put in (no tools needed), and provides a bit of extra padding under the child's bottom, and lifts them by maybe 10mm (it's high density foam).
on 4 December 2015
We were told we needed one for our child's seat for it to be compatible for our car. I really can't see any advantage of having it at all. Very expensive for what it is as well!
on 1 February 2015
Rather pointless piece of over priced foam we bought for my BMW one series. Not convinced whether it makes the difference between life and death!
on 16 March 2015
a not too thick layer - a bit too expensive for what it is.
on 26 February 2015
Effective, but how expensive for a piece of foam???