on 14 February 2015
Worked well !! I used it together with Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adaptor, to connect my Canon MV750i to MacbookPro, then I can use iMovie application to import all my DVs from the cassettes of the past 10 years.

Just the price can be cheaper. However, compared with Apple this price is not too bad.

It has been bothering me for many years how to import the cassate DV to a hair disk in standard video format. Happy in the end. But it should have been much simpler.
on 7 August 2017
When I give a mark of '3' it means that the item(s) does the job at a reasonable price. OK service and I would buy again.
on 10 April 2017
Works really well for an old legacy firewire audio input for my Mac. I have the Mac mini 2012 I use this with as it has the newer firewire ports.
on 26 April 2017
Great product that does exactly what it says it will. I have a 10 year old camcorder that I wanted to use to download old videos to my MacBook. Firewire 400 no longer supported on macbooks so by buying this and a firewire adapter I am now all sorted.
on 26 April 2017
Working fine after many months, does exactly what it's supposed to.
on 2 June 2017
I have an apogee duet firewire 400 and this didn't work when I plugged it in to my Mac Pro. An 800 to 400 lead that was in my house worked fine though so I think this adapter is not good for duets unless I just had a dud one, unlikely though. Go with a new cable instead of an adapter, same price!
on 15 August 2017
Does not enable my cam corder to access my dvd application.
on 18 June 2017
High quality cable, nowadays you cant find these cables. Thank you
on 21 May 2017
Connects my Digidesign 003 Factory to my iMac and is working flawlessly.
on 6 September 2010
Had to get a new cable as I got a new MacBook Pro laptop recently and the firewire connection is upgraded from the old iMac G5 (2005) I was using previously (from firewire 400 to 800 I think), so I needed a new cable to connect my new MacBook Pro to my Canon XL1 video camera. This is the cable that does the job very well.

I choose this cable over the others on Amazon as it was listed as a 'Pro' cable and looked quality and I wasn't disappointed (especially with the good price). I am very pleased as this is a really good quality cable (always a worry when ordering cables online). It has a good quality build and nice professional design and silver/steel metallic finish with plastic coating and the connection was really fast with no problems. Similar cables in PC world were £17-£24 so this is a great deal.

Just to confirm, as it took me a while searching for the right cable - this cable fits the firewire for the latest MacBook Pro released in 2010, which is Firewire 800 I believe. So if you've just upgraded your mac and wondered why your cable no longer fits from your firewire connected device, this is the one. :)

I ordered this cable from Neet Cables and it arrived very fast - within days of ordering.