Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 September 2010
Firstly I would like to start by saying this is a great album.
I've given it a few listens and there are a few noticeable changes to previous albums. Firstly this album appears a lot less "poppy" than their earlier albums. Also there's a noticeable absence of Skins "punky" rants.I would say this album has more in common with Post Orgasmic Chill. By this I mean that it has a great collection of songs.. but perhaps it's not an album to deliver "classic" singles like Weak or Hedonism

This album to me sounds more mature and perhaps even sophisticated. There's lots of emotional or "sweeping" tracks. There's a lot of strength and power in the songs that I feel have a good balance of melody and rock attitude.

Ten years since Post Orgasmic Chill.. I think they've done a great job.

For me stand out tracks are God Loves Only You. .. Talk To Much and It Doesnt Matter. . But if you are after something a little more uplifting or "poppy" then I would suggest starting with Sweetest Thing.
The only questionable track in my eyes is You Can't Always Do What You Like.Personally I feel Wonderlustre lacks a bit of Skunk Anansies usual venom and isn't as rock/metal as I wouldve liked. If it wasn't for this I wouldve given Wonderlustre 5 stars.

Definitly worth a listen or 10 ;)
on 3 October 2010
One of my all time favourite bands both live and in the studio. On first listening I thought the album was great but it is such a grower. With the perfect combination of musicianship passion and originality, and the best front women bar none. Buy, you won't be disappointed then go see them live.
on 24 September 2010
I'm a huge fan of their live act, and of their first three albums; indeed live music seems to be what they enjoy most. They are also a very different animal live, especially compared to this release.
The teaser single "Because of you" really got my hopes up, it being a truly awesome track, with all the drama, power and intensity that I love them for. Last year in Camden they played a few very new numbers, that instantly got the crown pogoing. There is none of that energy on Wonderlustre and the best track, "my Ugly boy" is a rehash of "We love your Apathy", even the first line is almost identical. Don't get me wrong, it's still better than anything else to grace the charts for a long time (with the possible exception of them crooked vultures) but it's so much less than they can do.
Apparently, they wrote 55 songs and these were the ones they cut them down to. I'll have the other 43 please. Maybe they'll release the best of the rest as B-sides and EPs, in a cynical ploy to extract more money from they legion of devoted fans. I haven't even brought myself to watching the DVD yet...
on 14 February 2014
Love Love Love this album!!! Such a cracking album, great sounds all the way through! Hard to find an album were i like all the songs but I do this!
on 3 June 2013
Excellent service delievered promptly for a classy album by a genius artist. Recommended if you appreciate quality in your music.
on 12 December 2010
brilliant glad they are back as a bit of hard rock with skin's voice bulting out the tunes, does it x
on 28 December 2015
Present for a friend he loves it. Hasn't been out of stereo since he got it.
on 19 May 2015