Customer reviews

Whiskey For The Holy Ghost
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

TOP 100 REVIEWERon 7 December 2016
It's the last track, but it may as well stand for the whole shebang. Beggar's Blues: there's something about Mark Lanegan's musical stance that begs a beggar's belief.
This is the real thing, in the same way that Cash, Cale or Cave are the real thing. They have something to tell us. It might not be quite what we wish to hear, but it might just purge us of that which is getting us down.
I came late to Lanegan, through the stunning soundtrack to the Cave/Hillcoat film Lawless. I knew I had to go to the source, so to speak. I chose carefully, and he hasn't let me down. He's from Seattle, which helped. So much great music has come from that city {as well as a very good friend of mine, but that's another story}.
Lanegan is a superb singer, has a great spirit, and makes music you want to engage with. I love it.
This is a terrific set of thirteen tracks that seeps into my being each time I listen to it. I like this man. He's more like Nick Cave than John Hiatt, more like Rufus Wainwright than his dad {all of 'em good!} but his own man too. This is a man who's listened to country music in extremis as well as Captain Beefheart ~ who, face it, was always in extremis.
Whiskey For The Holy Ghost should at least have won a title of the year award {it won no awards} but this is an album a little bit too good for awards.

A happy discovery.
on 28 January 2018
Enjoy nearly every track as that amazing voice compliments the rhythmic music behind it and as always these sub pop pressings are of the best quality. So nice to put a Lanegan album on and sit back and chill.
on 4 April 2013
Excellent production values - really stripped down and acoustic but with some great tracks. I worked backwards from Soulsavers whom I love and this is a very nice album. 4 stars instead of 5 because I prefer bigger sounds to the minimalist acoustic style; however, I still admire the quality of this, like a fine bourbon.
on 21 February 2018
Perfect
on 30 June 2017
Quick delivery and spot on!! Love this album.
on 24 June 2017
Great
on 7 March 2018
Arguably Mark's best album.
on 11 January 2014
I bought this cd as another reviewer had said it was Mark Lanegan's best. It's good but I have to disagree as in my mind Bubblegum (a classic) and Blues Funeral are both better. Still worth a listen and still better than a lot of stuff that's out there but by Mark Lanegan's standards just ok.
on 11 January 2013
Once again,I was very pleased with the service and the product,it arrived in plenty of time
as it was for a present. Would use the company again
on 2 June 2016