Customer reviews

Wild Britain with Ray Mears [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 2 March 2017
Ray in love with the English countryside and not a Bear in sight. Easy on the eye entertainment.
on 21 July 2017
Ray is awesome.
on 15 May 2017
As advertised , delivered on time.
on 11 October 2016
This is not the complete series.
on 23 April 2011
An excellent 'lesson' on the natural world. Informative, educational and very therapeutic to watch when one is 'on edge'. Gives a lot of information about wildlife and plants which ought to be part of our general knowledge. Proves that there is so much to view, to enjoy and even to explore on these islands of ours. The quiet, natural and unassuming character of the narrator adds to the enjoyment of this DVD.
on 27 February 2012
As I'm not a UK resident I was unaware of this series until I saw it on Ray's website. I must admit I am glad I did as I find all 6 episodes of the series fascinating.
Not only does Ray show us interesting plants and animals he looks at the history of the area where he is, like the neolythic flint mines in the Breklands.

When you watch Ray Mears you can see he has a deep understanding and respect for nature and people who can live off the land without wrecking it. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone.

I have only one complaint about Wild Britain and that's the fact ITV have no plans to release series 2.
on 28 October 2011
This is an excellent DVD and well presented by Mr. Mears. As usual he is interesting, well informed, and of course enthusiastic, as he pootles about England, (not until series 2 broadcast October/November 2012 does he venture into other parts of "Britain") enjoying its wildlife. Not in the "How to survive" vein, but rather it's about what you can enjoy in the more natural parts of Britain. If you are familiar with Wild Food then its more similar in style to that, than the Extreme Survival series. I recommend it highly.
44 Comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 July 2013
Ray Mears is doing a most important job in trying to make us aware of the link we have with Nature. The modern world
seems to be driving us further away...... I think we all need to listen. Great DVD. Lets go out !!
on 13 September 2011
to Eric's review except to say that I agree fully. Like Attenborough, Ray doesn't need clever tricks or gimmicks to make a programme interesting, relying on the content and the delivery to do the work, as with all of his other work. I first saw this earlier this year as a series of thirty minute (well closer to 23 minutes or so really) episodes on ITV and that trimmed in half version really loses out over this full version.
on 9 February 2015
I was hoping to find something edible . . .