on 28 May 2011
My parter has an annoying/dangerous/deadly habit, she has occasionally left on her hair straightners (sitting on glass worktop), and they have stayed on for 6-7 hours before I have come home from work and realised. This avoids that problem, I just leave it on the 30 minute setting and all she has to do is tap the button on the top rather than turn on the socket. Then if she does forget and leaves the straightners on, the most they will be on for is 15 minutes.
on 16 September 2013
This outlet timer worked a garden fountain now and again for about a week, and then quit working altogether! I wish i had taken note of other reviewers comments, and only hope you do....do not buy. Now in the bin as I can't be hassled with the returns process.
on 4 December 2013
First one I purchased lasted 2 weeks, the second one lasted 2 days! The green light did not work on both occasions so I asked for a full refund.
on 11 October 2013
it does exactly what it says on the tin lol.it really is good if you want to go to bed,with a wash on the timer settings can cut the power,when finished saving you money,good for lights etc..also in the age of sky plus handy to cut power instead of living it on all night.its settings are half an hr,3 hrs,and 6....would of been even better with more setings
on 31 October 2012
we recently purchased an electric clothes dryer which works very well,one problem you have to switch it on & off manually we keep forgetting to turn it off, increase our electric bill.
we then came across the BELKIN ENERGY SAVING SOCKET OUTLET WITH TIMER,fantastic product we leave it plugged in all the time, set the switch to setting reqired 1/2 hour 3 or 6 hour setting press green button job done switches off appliance at preset setting
on 25 March 2014
This product works as advertised. It is just a relay that kicks off after the set amount of time. I like it because:

* It's dead easy to use
* It draws no power when off
* It is small and nice looking enough that you don't mind leaving it in a power socket
* It's rated for 15 amps, as much as any outlet can deliver, so you don't need to worry about whether you're plugging in something that could burn it out

I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars because I'd like more timeout choices than 1/2 hour, 3 hours and 6 hours.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 15 February 2015
I love these, I have one on the George Foreman grill, one on the clothes iron, one on my soldering iron, and one on my wife's hair straighteners. Set them to 30 minutes max and leave the house without having to worry about accidentally burning it down because you left something on.
on 20 October 2014
Against all odds i believed that the plug would not let me down as it has other buyers. Mine stopped working about a month ago after 3-4 months of phone charging. Not worth the money complaining or trying to return it as the price of postage kind of defeats the original point.

Not a good product. Would not recommend
on 17 January 2013
I bought this product to switch off my bed side lamp whilst reading in bed.

It has a timer for cutting off the power at 30 mins , 3 hours & 6 hours.

I set it for 30 mins then if I still want to read , I press the easy to find button on the top to get another 30 mins.

I have also used it on a battery charger.
on 11 December 2013
It worked for an hour then ligth went off and no power came through. I changed the fuse for a proven one but no joy. Too much faff to return it for a six quid refund so I thought I'd take it out on the review so I can feel a little better - UNRELIABLE!

See one answered question