on 11 March 2012
I bought this product on the strength of reviews I had read. I am really glad I did. The installation and set up were very straight forward including the fax facility. The print quality is excellent whether printing, scanning or copying. The scan speed is roughly double that of my previous stand alone scanner. The printer and copier are also quicker than my previous Epson machine despite the higher print quality. The on-screen display gives clear and simple directions when needed. I have not had the machine long enough to comment on ink usage but the separate colour cartridges should be more cost effective than the 3-in-1 colour cartridge in the previous machine. If there are any drawbacks I have yet to discover them. There is even a wireless version BX305FW if you prefer. If you are looking for a great value all-in-one I highly recommend it.
on 21 July 2011
Very easy to install and the fax option is simple to set up which is a bonus. The only draw back is that it's very noisy when printing.
on 17 August 2011
Good Little All in One Printer,Copier And Fax Machine. A Little Heavy On Ink Though. I Did Not Use It A Lot But The First All Inks Only Lasted About One Week. About Thirty Pages or so.I Have Not Used It Much This Time And Only For Faxes. I Use My Other Epson Stylus Photo PX710W, (WiFi). The Ink Last Much Much Longer On This All In One, (But NO FAX Though).
on 29 November 2011
Printer is large, slow and noisy. But worked OK for about 14 months, then began misssing lines, smudging print etc. I had only used it for about 20 pages/month so it printed about 280 pages only! Hopeless after sales discussions with Epson "It's out of guarantee....nothing we can do.....suggest you return for £60+ repair. etc"
Answer: Buy an HP! They last longer.
on 25 June 2012
Avoid this printer. It's noisy, slow and determined to frustate at every turn. Randomnly refuses to accept ink cartidges from other manufacturers and refuses to print if any cartridge requires replacement, even if only black & white is required. However, scanner and fax functions are fair.
on 30 April 2012
Epson stylus office box305fw
After using it a few times it refused to recognize the black ink, though it had before, I changed it for another one but still no good.my last Epson printer was very good but this one is a load of crap.
on 10 May 2013
the printer had previously been used and still had quick dial numbers in the memory.
Although I bought the machine to scan document- the interface program for scanning is ok. But the scanner itself keeps jamming, not sure if this is the reason that the previous users got rid of it- but it is such a pain--otherwise it would be a good scanner with printer.
on 8 December 2011
Very happy with the quality of print. Speed is slower than the Laser I am used to but its good as inkjets go. Cant get the scanner to work at the moment but I think that is more of a problem with my computer needing to download the driver from the web (which is easy to do)because my disk drive is broken. Need a technical whizz to fix. Otherwise very happy
on 25 October 2012
Astoundingly it does not auto-sense whether the item is on the glass or on the ADF, unlike the excellent Brothers for example.
- this is really teeedious, as the instructions do not highlight this defect.

Also of course no network connection, but then it's CHEEP CHEEP !
on 1 January 2013
It does everything I need and is easy to use. Only problem is, I have mislaid the Epson manual and can't remember how to fit replacement ink cartridges!! Can you help?