Customer reviews

Thomas & Friends: Hero of the Rails (Wii)
Platform: Nintendo Wii|Change
Price:£24.99

on 7 January 2013
Bought for our 3 yr old as he was finding the controls for the games we had for the Wii tricky to master. he loves Thomas and has thoroughly enjoyed the story mode (which is lengthy for short attention spans) and the individual game modes. Picked up the controls quickly. Other reviews didn't score this particularly well, but as a game for young children to master Wii controls - it does what it needs to, as a gamne for adults or older children then it would definitely become boring and monotinous.
on 3 February 2016
Pretty basic game, but my 3 year old is Thomas mad and he loves it. My 4 year old daughter likes it too. I think older children would tire of it easily though. It also has some video clips from the Hero of the Rails movie which require some wii actions for them to continue to play.
on 11 March 2017
Prompt delivery. Product as described. Happy 6 year old nephew!
on 12 August 2017
This item did not work. The return shipping woukd have cost almost as much as the item itself.
on 9 September 2010
I bought this for my 3 year old as he struggles with the wii games that his older brother plays. The game itself is ok but far far too short. There are two main modes from the menu - story or games. We started with the story which is basically 8 levels split up by cut scenes. It all works ok and he enjoyed it but the levels are very very basic and quick. You basically have one task to do, for example race another train by rotating the wii remote, or cleaning thomas by shaking the remote. I'm not exaggerating when I say that he had completed all 8 levels within half an hour (and bear in mind he normally struggles to even point the remote at the screen). On to the game mode. Again you have 8 mini games, but these are basically the same as the story levels, and also last for about a minute and are far too easy to present a challenge. He quite enjoyed the game but it just does not have any substance at all. It was all over in half an hour and I can't see it being played again. If it was retailing at about £5 it might be worth it (just about), but at almost £20 they have got to be kidding, it is a rip off. You can get Thomas PC games for about £2.50 and they are much better value. Avoid.
on 27 April 2012
This was the first Wii game I bought for my Grandchildren aged 2y 9mths and 4y 6mths who desperately wanted to play on the Wii but couldn't manage the regular games. This was perfect in that it's taught them how to control the Wii remote and, as the games are short and achievable, it keeps their attention. They now also have the Peppa Pig Fun and Games which is equally as good. There's always lots of giggling when both of these are being played, which is always a good sign!
on 5 September 2010
Brought this for my 4yr old son and he loves it but there isnt much to it, there are only 8 mini games and a story section which repeats the same games again. Each time you go on the games they are exactly the same, its very limited and for the money it really isnt worth it as im sure the kids will be bored of it in few days.
on 12 February 2012
If anyone over four years old tries to play this they will get bored extremely quickly but my four year old is a huge Thomas fan and he just loves it. So why only two stars? Well, there really isn't a lot to it and the games are VERY basic and simple, quite shocking considering the potential there. The race element is fun (briefly) but there could have been so much more to it - it could be multi-player and let you choose trains.

It is also only one player which is a huge shame as my two year old wants to join in.

I don't think we will get years of play out of it but right now he absolutely loves playing it over and over again... so it possibly deserves more than a two star but it really isn't a game. It is just a series of very simple puzzles that you do in order through the story or at the end. If you have a huge Thomas fan in the home and don't mind wasting the money then it's probably still worth getting.
on 22 January 2011
I agree with what the other reviewers say, the story mode is short and there's only 8 minigames. But my three year old son loves it and has asked to play it every single day since he got it. 3 year olds have short attention spans anyhow so the short repetitive games are good for him, and I don't really want him playing more than half hour at a time anyhow! We bought him the diego game as well but that doesn't hold his attention in the same way, he gets frustrated with it. In conclusion yes Hero of the Rails is a simple and limited game, but my three year old loves it and to me that's what is important.
on 2 February 2011
Sorry to be repetitive, this game was very disappointing. I got it for my 4 year olds birthday and we couldn't believe how short and simple it was. He played it a few times on his birthday but after a few days was saying "oh not this again". Theres no different levels to it, its a short story with simple games and the same games from the story in a separate format. Anyhow I would say OK if this is your childs 1st game, but if they've tried others, they will get bored very quick!