on 30 September 2016
I've had rheumatoid arthritis for 30 years, and when my back recently added its voice to the chorus of pain, I was just about at the end of my tether. I tried rolled-up towels on the advice of my physio, and although that gave me some relief, I felt that this couldn't be the best solution, not least because the damty things kept unrolling every time I stood up, and squashed down really easily. So I looked around for a better solution, and after reading the many reviews for this product (Amazon, Trust Pilot and Reevoo) I decided to give it a try, although I was unsure as to which one to get. I ordered the Original McKenzie Lumbar Roll (4 inches). I was also slightly dubious about the strap length, but I needn't have been, as it comfortably goes round my riser/recliner. The roll itself is great; the comfort level is just right - not too soft, not too firm), and gives my back just the right amount of support. I can sit comfortably for the first time in a very long time, but I also need back support overnight, and while I looked at the night rolls, not only were they much more expensive, but the largest size was for a 40 inch waist, and I'm no svelte youngster. So I tried tying the roll around my waist (it certainly wouldn't have stretched around the bed) and I've had the most comfortable night's sleep back-wise in over a year. Now, to the bounce-back qualities: having used the roll for 24 hours straight, it seems not to have squished at all and resumed its original shape as soon as I got out of bed. However, just to be on the safe side, and for convenience, I'm going to order another one for overnight use. This small item has made a *huge* difference to my life already, and I can't recommend it highly enough, so if you're suffering with back pain, give it a try, it's a small price to pay for effective relief.
on 12 January 2017
I've had a disc issue for about 18 months at L4/S1. I was recommend one of these by my physio as my posture can be poor when at work (desk job and a cheap chair!). This took some adjustment to get comfortable but has improved my posture and made it more comfortable to sit for longer. Great if like me your work doesn't splash out on expensive office chairs with correct lumbar support. A bit pricey for what it is but if you need it you need it!
on 10 February 2018
I have used a McKenzie D-shaped lumbar roll for many years. It provides excellent support for my back in armchairs, when reading or watching TV etc. I bought a second one for another armchair upstairs - to save me having to take the roll from one room to another. The new one is just as effective and supportive as the old one, and should give many years of service. It may not suit all back sufferers, but it's certainly the best back support I've found that helps me.
on 20 August 2017
Thank goodness for this amazing back support -I can honestly say it's been a great buy. I have used it on holiday on the sun beds and what a difference it has made -i can actually get up without having to roll over!! It is so light and portable making it easy to take anywhere and gives my back just the support it needs when sitting down. I lent it to my mother the other day and she said it really helped her -so much so that i have bought her one too and she is delighted with it. Great product. Also it arrived earlier than expected.
on 7 March 2017
I am a fan of Lumbar Rolls as they are very good at providing back support when it is required and it will work in most types of seating.
on 8 January 2014
I have bought this for office as I spend all day sitting at my computer and I have very bad posture. I tried to teach myself to sit straight but as the habit developed in so many years, it is not easy to break. Before Christmas my back was hurting a lot and every single day when I reached home at the end of the day the pain was excruciating. I searched for this online and was a bit concerned as there were many bad reviews. I went for it and am happy to report that it has helped me a lot in correcting my posture and supports my back a lot. I have now asked my manager to approve the reimbursement of its cost as I am using it for office and she said yes so I am even more happy.
VINE VOICEon 18 October 2013
I've had a niggly back for years and despite spending £100's a year on chiro treatment the weakness still continued.

I finally bought this and it has helped considerably - I'm not saying this is going to be the only thing you need to solve your bad back, but this is an excellent starting point. it just helps you sit up properly and support your lumbar whether you are driving or sitting etc.

If you sit for a job, I would highly recommend this - most 'ergonomic' chairs aren't actually that helpful!

To start off with you might find it is too big but don't give up, it does squash down eventually and I'm sure you will find benefit.

Hope that helps
on 17 May 2016
It takes a few days to get used to using this lumbar especially as I have never used one before. If you suffer with back pain, buy Robin McKenzies book ....'Treat your own back' as well ....Now I can't be without my lumbar roll!

Combined with the back exercises I don't suffer discomfort on a daily basis anymore and on the odd occasion I overdo things, I know which exercises will help me straightaway (I haven't needed to go to an osteopath in months). The exercises are clear and concise and take very little time to do - just get into the habit of doing them on a regular basis and using the lumbar roll to maintain good posture.

Wish I had discovered 'Robin McKenzie' sooner!
on 18 June 2017
As someone that suffers from lumbago and sciatica I couldn't function without my lumbar roll!
on 26 January 2016
I have just bought my second one of these – the first lasted just over 2 years before becoming a bit flattened due to careless use (it's supposed to be level with your belt line). The roll is fitted to a swivel chair in front of computer and seems to ward off any discomfort in the lower back. My eyes get tired before my back does.