on 14 April 2016
This is a comprehensive guide, it leaves nothing out. If you read this then you will be fully equipped to deal with the zombie apocalypse, saying that, you may not be able to finish it in time. The book is long, or at least it seems that way because it isn’t very engaging. I read it right to the end but I struggled to keep my attention on the words. The information within is brilliant but extracting it, not so great.
on 27 September 2016
I've recommended this book to all of my friends.

Love it!
on 25 October 2017
Because she is...apparently it’s quite funny...but how am I supposed to know??
on 20 July 2013
I enjoyed the incident accounts more than the survival guide but overall I still enjoyed the book.
A follow up to world war z along similar lines would be the best thing in my opinion.
on 24 March 2017
Thank you very pleased.
on 29 September 2016
useful but silly
on 17 August 2013
Read World War z and this was a natural progression as I enjoyed the first. It's an interesting read and great fun. You can pick it up and put it down as it's broke down into many sections.
on 20 June 2013
Fantastic read for any zombie fan, but really for anyone with basic survival interests!
Being a fan of zombie films doesn't matter, this is a basic, commence sense, disaster survival manual,
which is both thought provoking and entertaining.
on 20 August 2014
Great price fast delivery
on 22 August 2007
This book starts off amusing. I bought this book because a friend mentioned it once. I had no idea what to expect.

After reading the first few pages, I was amused. I thought it was funny how the author was taking it so seriously - after all, it's zombies!

Then I read a bit more, and I thought hmm this is kind of a bit boring now, because it's obviously not written (directly) as a humorous book. I read a few more pages and put it down, but within an hour I was back reading it again. Eventually I simply couldn't put it down.

As soon as you mentally make the jump from realising this isn't a (directly) humorous book, to this is a very insightful and fascinating book, both chilling and at the same time exciting, you'll find compared to normal fiction it offers a unique feeling of intrigue, awe and fear. Sure, zombies are slow and easy to kill, but one nibble and you're a gonna.

Once I had finished the book, I (regrettably) gave it to a friend, after animatedly telling them some of the fascinating and unprecidented facts about defense against the living dead. I couldn't stop talking about it!

I am tempted to buy this book again because it's a great book to go back to and re-read sections of. I also bought world war Z after this, which is almost equally good reading (I'd say this book is slightly more interesting though).

This book is not a horror book. It is a practical and logical step by step guide to survival. If you like to think and analyse dangerous situations, this book is for you. If you like to be surprised and intrigued by some of the ingenious methods of survival, this book is for you. If you like zombies, this book is for you. If the thought of 'what if zombies were real, what would we do?' sounds even vaguely interesting, this book is for you.

Buy it. It's not expensive. It will provide you with plenty of entertainment.

To address the issues of some other reviewers:

I didn't find the author to repeat himself any more than was necessary. Each chapter was clearly defined and I didn't find myself skimming through later chapters to skip things that had already been mentioned.

The fact that the stories at the end of the book were believable is testament to the author's ability as a writer to predict human behaviour to the point of making his writings completely belivable. This is also apparently in World War Z, which develops the stories further.

I wouldn't say this book is a waste of money. It entertained me for many hours, and what I took away from it entertained me for many more. Afterwards I read it I often found myself thinking about it, as well as mentioning it to friends. Rare for any fiction book.

The back part of the book is apparently the best. While I have no comment about whether it's true or not, I read that peoples sheer enjoyment of that section is apparently what spawned the other book, world war Z.

I agree that this book could have been taken with irony. I was expecting it and as I wrote above, when I found it slightly boring when it didn't appear. As soon as you take the book for what it is, you can quickly begin enjoying it again.