I bought this a while back at a time when portable hard drives were not that common. The quality and design is of an appropriate standard and it's about the same length and width as a thumb.

This product holds 16GB which was a significant amount when I bought it and a less impressive capacity today. It holds an impressive amount of files such as word documents, power points, excel spreadsheets, images etc and it is very unlikely to get full in a hurry.

However if you are storing much larger files such as video transfers from YouTube in Full HD then it will get fuller significantly quickly although this will also depend on the length of the videos.

Since the date of purchase I have been using it to transfer small word files and photos from my laptop to the memory disk drive and I have not had any problems with it at any point. As part of this reviewing process I tested it by transferring 7-8 GB of files of varying sizes and types and found that it transferred them over in a typical speed that you would expect for a 2.0 USB (with patience required at times!) and that the transfer process seemed successful although admittedly I didn't go through every file, only a 'spot check'.

It deleted the information in a decent timeframe and overall I was happy with its performance. I'm more than happy with my purchase and although I use them less these days thanks to my Apple devices, I'm still glad that I bought it.

Verdict: Good Quality Product With Durability And An Acceptable Performance
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 15 February 2017
I have had this 16GB memory flash drive for over a year now and up until a few weeks ago it was working well. Unfortunately my laptop at work does not recognise it anymore and it is hit and miss if I can get it to work on my home PC. I do not keep anything important on this now and if i do use it I backup the data. I think it's destined for the bin any day now!

I really can not recommend this flash drive - sorry!

Thanks for reading :-)
review image
We have a few USB drives here and most of them are ok but this one seems to always be the one we gravitate towards. We own 2 of these and to be honest they seem indestructible. When we got the first one I thought it felt a bit flimsy and cheap, compared to some of the others we own which have metal casings but my fears turned out to be unwarranted. I liked it so much I eventually got a second so we didn't have to share.

These have been put through no end of abuse and always come out the other side as good as new. They've been through the washing machine (and tumble dryer) countless times after going unnoticed in a jeans pocket, Sucked up the hose on the Dyson (I was more worried about the vacuum surviving than I was about the memory stick), dropped outside in the garden and left unnoticed for a couple of days...the punishment just goes on and on and still these are going strong.

One of them rattles now as a result of our misdeeds but all the info we put on there from day one is still there. We've had the newest one for over 6 months and the oldest for much, much longer and both are still working perfectly. I don't have a bad word to say about these!
on 11 May 2011
This stick is excellent value for money.
The housing of the stick scratches easily when on a keyring. I have had one on a keyring for 3 months - It has survived being bashed around and pushed into close proximity of metal keys. The plastic housing shows up the scratches but that is to be expected. A harder wearing plastic would have prevented most of the scratches.

I've filled it to full capacity a number of times without any corruption. It's been used to transfer data between machines at least 100 times and hasn't given any problems.

The cap never falls off and clicks in nicely. I've had other sticks in the past where the cap falls off & gets lost. Not with this one.

The keyring attachment is well secured and has survived being pulled, snagged and stressed without breaking - On other makes of stick I've owned in the past the keyring part has broken free.. but not with the Bytestor stick.

I'm so impressed I'm reselling this item to my customers!
on 18 January 2012
Had previously bought a bytestor 4gb flash drive and wanted a larger capacity to watch DVD video files on TV.
This certainly does the job unlike a recent purchase of a Kingston Data traveler which only played about thirty seconds of the first of 4 DVD video files and also said some jpg files were invalid format when they copied OK to my Bytestor flash drive.Also the Kingston flash drive kept freezing my windows vista computer.
Will stick with Bytestor in future and this 16gb flash drive at only £9.99 with free delvery is excellent value.
on 12 February 2017
No better and no worse than expected
I had the SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB USB Memory to store avi files on to watch through the media player. Although they play fine, it was a little slow on transferring files to the drive. As I wanted another one, decided to go with this. The transfer speed is greater and it also has a cap that protects the end of the stick.

If you want a cheap reliable USB with a fast speed, then this is the one for you. Great product.
on 30 May 2017
Used quite a bit, a good product.
on 9 January 2014
This memory stick works perfectly and is good value. The drawback is the flashing pink light when data is being transferred. I have stuck black insulation tape over the offending area, but these fireworks detract from listening to relaxing music.
on 21 August 2013
Not the best looking drive unless you're a girl who likes pink. That said, the transfer rate and capacity are what I considered and it does an admirable job with both. I'm using it, so it can't be bad.