on 14 January 2012
HOW THIS DOUBLE CD CAN BE CALLED "THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION", I DO NOT KNOW. THIS TITLE INFERS THAT ONLY THESE 40 TRACKS ARE THE BEST, OR AT LEAST WERE THE BEST UP UNTIL 2005, WHEN THIS COMPILATION WAS FORMED. ALMOST, IF NOT EVERY TRACK THAT CHARLIE HAS RECORDED IS WORTHY OF THAT COMPLIMENT.

WE ALL KNOW THAT "WHAT COLOUR IS THE WIND" AND "MY FOREVER FRIEND" ARE EXCEPTIONAL, BUT LISTEN TO SUCH HEARTRENDING TRACKS LIKE "I DREAMED I WAS IN HEAVEN", "THE GREEN HILLS ARE ROLLING STILL", "ITS RAINING OUTSIDE" AND "PART OF ME". THEN WE HAVE THE UPLIFTING TUNES, "FURTHER DOWN THE ROAD", "HEAVEN KNOWS", "SHINE YOUR LIGHT" AND "WHEN YOU WERE SWEET SIXTEEN". TO ADD TO THIS HE MAKES SONGS WRITTEN BY OTHER PEOPLE HIS OWN, "WHEN I`M DEAD AND GONE", "CRAZY", "ALWAYS ON MY MIND" AND "SMILE".

THERE ARE A FURTHER 28 TRACKS HERE. EVERYBODY WILL LIKE SOMETHING, MOST WILL LIKE THEM ALL. HIS INTERPRETATION OF THE LYRICS IS QUITE WONDERFUL, PARTICULARLY OF THOSE HE PENNED HIMSELF.

I ORIGINALLY BOUGHT THIS A FEW YEARS AGO, I LOANED IT TO SOMEONE WHO ASKED IF THEY COULD KEEP IT, I LET THEM, THEN FOUND OUT IT HAD BEEN DELETED. NOW, THANKS TO AMAZON, I AM, AT LAST, ABLE TO REPLENISH MY COLLECTION.
on 15 June 2017
A Great Album
on 27 September 2017
good cd but cd case very flimsy it fell apart immediately.
on 27 April 2016
Fist class seller 5*****
on 10 November 2017
Played fine until the last few tracks then started to jump
on 10 July 2016
I'm sitting here tonight with this beautiful music playing, and I sorely miss my hospital radio. We used to play Charlie a lot for our patients when I was there. No doubt, they still do, who run things over there. Boy I miss radio, and chatting with my listeners. It was always the best part of my week.

Ever since Charlie sang What Colour Is The Wind, and the ever-loved My Forever Friend, he's been a hit with people of all ages. I love his voice, and the covers of long old songs are recreated here for us all to enjoy who loved them once upon a long ago, along with his own compositions. What a collection.

Bless Amazon for having this sweet album in their store. It's like having a special gift, even tho' I bought it! Cheers my heart right up.
on 2 October 2010
With me being from the USA,
My only exposure to Charlie's
music was via the Internet.

He is one of the UK's best kept
secrets. I'm sure he would do
just as well if he was available
on this side of "the pond".

When I ordered this CD, I was
aware of Charlie's slow, sentimental
songs, but had no idea he also
did songs such as "Long and Heavy Chain"
or "Counterfeit Man" which I absolutely love.

I highly recommend this 2 disc gem.
on 28 August 2009
My mum had heard Charlie Landsborough's music on the radio and asked me to get her a CD. This album had all the songs that she knew from the radio. She loves it and having listened to it too I must admit it is good, very soothing and relaxing.
on 5 April 2013
What a Great Artist, I think I have bought all of Charlie Landsborough's cd's, I just cannot stop playing them. I have always loved and listened to them for many years, and I never tire of listening to them, they have everything, there is nothing to dislike, and what a soothing voice. I hope Charlie continues to sing his wonderfull songs, and to keep bringing out new ones too, sooner than later. My family don't get to hear any other music while I am in the house..... Ah, now that's a shame. Please keep on doing your wonderfull songs Charlie, a big fan, always have been. Regards Kay
South Yorkshire.
on 25 September 2010
This Cd shows the diversity of Charlie Landsborough from moving ballards to songs you just want to dance to, Country, Folk, Gospel, Inspirational, Ballard or feel good songs this is a must a 2 CD showing the range that this great singer has I used this to do a one hour special of Charlie on my show on local Hospital Radio here in Fife. Add it to your collection and youll not be sorry