on 24 January 2012
I purchased the kindle version of this lovely little book which is written in a simple to understand way. I feel that if you take the information, principles and techniques presented therein and make them your own you will be better prepared than most of your fellow competitors. I particularly liked how the book was not over-technical and I feel that it was written with heart and with a view to being of benefit to others. I enjoyed reading it.
Whether you are new to running, considering training for a marathon for the first time, or a seasoned runner but want to take your performance and results to the next level, this book is a "must have". Dr. Mahoney offers clear, concise, practical, and motivating information.
on 5 March 2011
If you want to feel angry at yourself for having downloaded something utterly disappointing, here's your chance. It will send you to sleep angry. I bought this hoping to find some mental tips to extending physical endurance. I would have been better off just licking the windows. Over simplistic obvious advice that seems to be aimed at the educationally sub-normal. My 5 year old could have written something more interesting, coherent and useful.
on 13 August 2014
I bought this to help be mentally tough in the latter stages of a marathon. When the going got tough I completely forgot all the tricks. Not the books fault.