Customer reviews

on 9 January 2014
I purchased an expansion board for my PC's mother board that required power via a molex connector. I took the precaution of looking inside the PC before I purchased and found that I only had spare Sata connectors. This converter did the trick without problems. I advise everyone to check inside their PC before buying items for an upgrade so they can buy adaptors or expansion cables (all available from Amazon) at the same time to avoid disappointment and delay. I ordered a Sata to dual Sata extender cable' also at the same time, for future use. Cables were both high quality and well made.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 2 August 2011
Once again Akasa step up with yet another random cable.

My new rig has a hdd hot swap bay which is powered by molex. However on connecting up the sata dvdrw the cable left me with another sata power connector in exactly the right place. What to do. I didn't fancy running another cable up just for molex as it would've made it look untidy. This fit the bill nicely. Converted that sata plug to a molex and I was away. Excellent price too.
5 people found this helpful
on 25 May 2014
I am currently upgrading several PCs to put Windows 7 on due to support expiry for XP so I am changing power supplies too( due to the need to install graphics cards). Unfortunately, most new supplies have plenty of SATA connections but very few Molex ones! These adaptors are just the ticket to have handy when you come up against this problem. Most older PCs have Molex connections on the drives so this lead provides a quick simple and cheap solution.
on 21 November 2013
I have a fan in my case which is powered by a 4-pin molex connector. Using one of these meant I could use one of the spare SATA connectors from the PSU as opposed to having a modular cable with 4-pin connectors connected to the PSU just for the one fan. This little adapter has saved me some space in my case and it worked perfectly. Perhaps it could have been a bit shorter, but I knew what I was buying so there can be no complaints there.
on 21 November 2012
If you need a Molex power supply in your PC and just have Sata then this provides the conversion.

That's all it is supposed to do and is exactly what it does.

Not a lot you can say really, just take care as Molex connectors are traditionally a bit fiddly to connect.
One person found this helpful
on 8 August 2016
i was a molex connector short in a pc case
and used this to convert a sata connector
to molex, problem solved, recommended
on 29 May 2017
It is what it is and worked as intended
on 7 March 2017
Excellent product
on 27 January 2012
Purchased this to connect a sound card (that annoyingly didnt state it required external power) to a new Dell (again, who annoyingly do not supply Molex connectors in their PCs) and after much hair pulling found this little gem of an idea. Works brilliantly, no complaints.
One person found this helpful