TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 September 2015
The GGS protectors are excellent quality and I have them fitted to nearly all my cameras now. They use ultra thin optical glass which is toughened and I've never had a problem with the clarity and you can't notice any difference in seeing the LCD screen after fitting. If necessary the screen can be removed if it becomes damaged.
on 25 June 2015
This does not fit a Panasonic LX5 properly, Indeed the box says it's for a Canon 550D! It does not cover the whole screen and more importantly does not allow the correct fitting of the hot shoe cover or the external viewfinder LF1.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 August 2015
The GGS protectors are excellent quality, they use ultra thin optical glass which is toughened and I've never had a problem with the clarity either you can't really notice any difference in seeing the LCD screen after fitting (it's still very clear and bright)

Having used these on quite a few cameras they do last and don't mark, as well as offer additional impact protection a thin layer protector can't.

There is a downside though, once fitted they are quite hard to remove without shattering the glass in the protector. It's not impossible to remove it without breaking, but tricky. You need to gently prise up the sides very slowly. Most will never need to remove one though so likely not an issue.

A good product, a bit more expensive than the toughened plastic protectors though.
on 1 October 2014
Just bought a replacement for the GGS screen protector that I bought in August 2010 for my LX-3. I take the camera caving and on Urbex missions and do not treat it gently - it does not travel in a case. The protector remained intact until my trip last week and, once a slight chip appeared on one corner, deteriorated rapidly. I'd almost suggest that, at this price, buying a spare makes sense. However, by the time you need it you will have forgotten in which 'safe place' it is kept. I don't agree with the removal advice - no thin plastic that I have is stiff enough to break the adhesive (which is a thin layer of adhesive backed foam) securing the protector to the camera. And thin paper doesn't make the slightest impression on it. I found that using dental floss to gently 'saw' through the foam is the most effective way to remove the protector. Aerosol label remover easily removes any adhesive foam residue.
on 10 September 2011
I bought this because the screen of my Leica D-Lux 5 is ecellent, and I want to keep it that way. I want to carry the camera with me all the time and it will be comming in for a bit of ware and tare. The leather case that is intended for it is really nice but more than a little cumbersome. and the plastic flip up top is chunkey, not very nice to look at,takes up the hot shoe mount, and appears a little flimsey.

At first sight you may think you've bought another useless gadget, as it is just putting another screen over the one you already have. What if it gets scratched, what about smudges etc etc.. Don't bother. Smudges are much more reluctant to appear, Easily cleaned when they do, The screnn is very tough and scratch resistant, If you do manage to scratch it you can remove and replace it easily (Keep the little piece of paper which comes with it. And far from chunkey and line destroying. It is as though it's not there . Very slim and almost undetectable. Taylored to fit as if factory fitted...

And so much cheaper than a new Leica......
Penny for penny, the best add on yet.
on 25 November 2011
This is the 2nd glass screen protector I've bought. It's been pretty robust until a small crack appeared in the first one I bought. The camera does have very heavy use and I think a small crack developed after my mishandling. Gradually the cracks developed into larger ones and it was time to replace. The first one lasted at least 6 months. Despite cracks it stay attached to the back of the camera protecting the LCD screen from any damage. I would definitely recommend this kind of screen protector over the cheaper film protectors. Yes....it did crack and need replacing but I think 6 months is pretty good going for a camera like mine which is used almost daily.
on 7 January 2011
I brought this item for my Leica D-lux 5 and i must say its great,so easy to fit just wipe the screen of the camera with a dry soft cloth,take off the plastic film from the screen proctector,line it up and press into place job done,as simple as that.
on 29 April 2014
First rate product - even better than I thought it might be. At 99p it is a bargain, but an essential for the enthusiast. Care is needed to position it on the screen, but an enthusiast would, ... wouldn't they?
on 9 December 2014
Received before date advised. Was a replacement for one already fitted that I had damaged so I new the quality was good. When fitted it looks part of the camera and not a cheap add on. All in all a professional looking but very inexpensive way to protect a expensive camera. I would recommend that everyone fits one of these protectors. A small gripe is that the instruction sheet is in Chinese with rather poor diagrams to assist fitting a new one or removing a old one although this should not cause too many problems
on 11 August 2011
My new Lumix DMC LX5 is a joy to handle but that 3" viewfinder attracted finger prints and smears only too easily so I ordered a GGS LCD Hard Glass Screen Protector and I am delighted with it.
The fit is absolutely precise and appears to have been factory fitted rather than an added after thought as is so often the case.
The image is as clear the original screen and the colours are brilliant.
A great piece of kit and I can carry the camera in a pocket without any concern about smears or damage to the screen.
It does what it was created to do and I give it a 5 Star rating.