Customer reviews

Magimix 18434 4200XL Food Processor, Satin
Colour: Satin|Change
Price:£326.24+ £4.95 shipping

on 6 January 2012
What can I say about this beast of a machine. I've purchased hand processors and cheap blenders and nothing touches this machine for build quality. It's bomb proof! The blades are dangerously sharp and are provided for in a bread-bin type container to keep them out of harms way. The machine really is a time saver (although the washing up takes a while, but that's what dish-washers are for). It's a really useful bit of kit and I have no trepidation in blending the toughest of food groups; needless to say I thoroughly recommend the magimix. If there are any faults or breakages, the website and numerous other online companies re-sell parts for this mixer, so although at first glance, it looks expensive, it's a mixer for life. The only down side, possibly is that the beater can over beat your eggs in cake mixes, because it's that good and that quick (so best stick to a hand whisk for something delicate).
0Comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 19 November 2017
I purchased my Magimix in 2012 and I've used it most days ever since. It's indispensable for general food prep and is powerful enough that I've not found any food it struggled with. It's not quite as good as the Vitamix for blending nuts and seeds but it does an ok job. In another month I'll have had it for 5 years, I've not really treated it well the bowl has a few shatter marks and I had to glue the handle as it had a small crack but considering it's been in the dishwasher hundreds of times it's had a great run. A new bowl and I'm sure it will give me another few years at least, the blades are still fine.
on 5 December 2013
I still need practice to learn to use it because of all the functions but I like it. Some bigger chunks seem to get caught under the lid, though. I also expected the extra large feed tube to be bigger. You can't fill it to the top because the machine won't start, so you need to do some chopping before you load it.
on 5 November 2014
Brilliant piece of kit. It does everything it claims. It's heavy so you need to have it on a work surface, but I knew that before buying. Not sure how I managed without it.
on 8 February 2013
I have been trying to decide whether to have one of these for years. I decided on this one and I am not disappointed. It does everything I hoped it would. A good colour and it does a good job.
on 3 April 2015
Was so pleased to finally replace my old Magimix that went elsewhere but disappointed that the motor wattage is only 960w instead of the specified and advertised 1100w.
on 5 August 2015
Excellent food processor
on 16 May 2015
Very well developed product that is good quality.
on 1 December 2013
I was considering getting an entry level Kenwood processor, mainly for soups n sauces, but was gifted an award in the shape of an Amazon voucher. So, I decided to go the full hog and get a decent food processor.
It's nice and quiet, with the most of the noise coming from whatever you're processing. My two main gripes about it are the capacity and the difficulty in cleaning.
Capacity-wise, all of the recipes I've tried from the supplied Magimix book, that are specific to the 4200XL, spill over the centre spindle and down the drive shaft. I tried one of the simple soup recipes (little can go wrong with measuring the quantities, I thought), only to find a big puddle of orange soup had escaped down the middle of the large bowl. following several further tests, I also noticed that the centre part of the medium bowl was quite short. This makes it unsuitable for runny stuff.
As far as cleaning the thing is concerned, it may save me time over using a knife and a chopping board but the saved time is then spent cleaning the thing. Magimix advise against putting the bowls or lid in a dishwasher so hand wash it is. My Kenwood blender is simple to clean AND dry, as there are simple lines and smooth sides in the construction. Not with the 4200XL. Because of the motor interlock mechanism on the lid, preventing you from inserting you hand into a running machine, there are lots of tiny grooves for food to get stuck in. The lid itself is no better, with an intricate shape to the underside and a pain to clean butter-laden mixes from. I agree with comments by others that using the small or medium bowls leaves you cleaning all three anyway, so end up using the large bowl to begin with.
For bread and pastry, I have switched back to my Kenwood Chef, even though the footprint is bigger and I have to drag it out, it's far easier to clean the main bowl and attachments.
Of course, we never see Jamie cleaning up after wizzing through his 15-30 minute meals :)
0Comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 October 2012
This is my first ever food processor so am a bit of a novice. I was initially cautious about buying it as it is so expensive. That said, it seems as if it is built to last. Have made potato dauphinois (on a weekday). Additionally apple and rasberry crumble, peach cobbler, dumplings, strawberry milkshake and a cucumber smoothie. No need to buy treats from the supermarket as they are now so quick and easy to make and I know exactly what is in them.

Have a very small kitchen but it does not take up that much space. The cream finish is lovely and I leave mine on top of the worktop. I have used it almost every day since it arrived.

Arrived promptly with a dough tool, two blades, egg whisker, 2mm and 4mm slicer, 2mm and 4mm grater, blendermix attachment(initially unsure what it was but improves blender function) and parmesan grater. I opted for the XL model so I could slice potatoes, apples etc easily without much preparation. It is very heavy (weight of your average toddler) but stays securely on worktop as a result. Would be a pain If I had to take out of a cupboard to use. If this were the case I imagine I would use it less.

So far a great product.