Customer reviews

The Final Act (Follies Book 4)
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 26 March 2010
I have read all of Hilary Green's available books and every single one has been very difficult to put down. The Follies series has been a brilliant story right the way through, also the historical fact very informative. The second world war is an interest of mine, and I have learned a lot from these books.

It is a shame that of the 4 books Theatre of War (book 3) is now out of print by Hodder the publishers. I have tried very hard to obtain a copy, but is is just not available, other than if it turned up at a book sale. I wrote to Hodder to try and obtain a copy and also to see if it was likely to go into print, but it won't be. Rather a strange action to take I thought, to stop publishing book 3, but to continue publishing book 4!!!!

I did however jump to book 4 and managed to pick up the story,so don't let this stop you from reading The Final Act it's just a shame that those missing bits are never going to be read.

Hilary Green is a brilliant author who writes intelligent stories. I do hope she is able in the future to write and publish more books.
33 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 January 2012
I love all the books in this series, mainly because the characters are so credible and the history is accurate. But it is a shame that the writer couldn't decide whether Merry's cottage is in Seaford or Shoreham and that no-one spotted the misspelling of the Bechstein piano.
on 5 October 2013
I found a copy of Now is the Hour in a second hand book shop by chance but on starting to read it, I couldn't put it down. The four main characters are so well drawn you feel as if you know them as well, (or better), as real-life friends or family. I then set out to find if any more had been written and yes! found the other three. They can be read independently but it is even better if read in order because you can follow the story line even easier.
I have certainly learnt a lot regarding the last world war and Hilary Greens research into details of that time is brilliant in every way. I love the way she 'ties up all loose ends' at the end of the Final Act, my only disappointment being I cannot tap in to see what Merry and Felix, Rose and Richard are doing now!
on 5 December 2012
I have read a lot of books but this series is definately one of the best. Its well written and an easy read. Highly recommended.
on 3 November 2011
I have read the other three Follies and this was the fourth, what a fabulous Author, I went from one book to the other I just couldn't wait and I think I read them in record time. I have now loaned them out to friends and family as I want them to enjoy these books just like I did.

I was really (as usual) impressed with the service I received, touch wood I have never had a complaint when I order anything from Amazon.
VINE VOICEon 23 November 2012
Having read the first three I couldn't not go for this one and was really pleased that I did. Some areas are predictable and some a little stretched to the imagination but for all that I really enjoyed the whole series and will read them again sometime in the future. Worth picking up for a read but better to read them in the right order
on 3 June 2012
I loved every book in this series and could not wait to see what happens next to each of the characters. This book and the entire follies series was never short on drama, or suspense and the only thing wrong with the series is that it had to end.
on 5 April 2014
I loved this series. The lives of the people moves at a good pace but you keep in touch with others. Well written and easy to read. I ready the first book then couldn't wait to download the rest of them.
on 17 April 2014
I was looking forward to receiving this book as I had just finished the 3rd book in this series. It is in excellent condition and priced very fairly, quick delivery too. Would recommend to others thanks
on 15 January 2013
Having read all the previous books in this group, the title speaks for itself and although I haven't finished reading it yet I am enjoying every minute of what I have read so far.