Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 21 May 2017
very funny! my pick of the bunch would be episode one of the third series
on 9 May 2015
Very funny
on 1 February 2011
Not Going Out - Series 1-3 [DVD]

I am a fan of Lee Mack and feel that 'Not Going Out' could have been better publicised. However, now we're on series 4 - it is! A gag a minute sit-com with several belly laughs. A real feel good dvd, would highly recommend it.
on 15 May 2011
I hate watching TV (DUE TO ALL THE RUBBISH ON) but came across this by accident and within 5 minutes had it on series link.... The comedy is right up my street, very quick and sharp, a laugh a minute and laugh out loud gags bring a smile to your face every time. Lee Mack and Tim Vine absolutely fantastic and when Sally comes into Series 2 the sitcom really comes into its own. Have to say "the cleaner" cracks me up as well. This has done the rounds to all my friends who raved about how brill it was too. This is just as good as only fools and horses just more modern! Really great price for series 1-3 and a must in anyone's DVD Library. Looking forward to the next serives as this definately leaves you wanting more....
on 12 January 2011
Seldom do we see a television show that blasts its way onto our screens with such verve and wit as is the case with Lee Macks simply devine 'Not going out'.
I came across this superb sitcom by accident one night whilst channel surfing. I've been a huge fan of Macks' for years and his transition from stand up to sitcom can be considerd in the same light as Ricky Gervais and the office.
Sharp, witty, fast paced and with great comedy acting, Not going out can go round for round with the comedy giants, Fawlty Towers, Blackadder, Bottom, ect, and hold its own. An absolute classic of the 00's
on 13 May 2011
I bought this just because I'd seen some of Mack's other shows, and hoped this show would be just as witty. It was better - the best sitcom I'd seen in ages, and I pretty much laughed my way through the whole series. It's actually a lot better than some of the other shows on telly at the moment, so why the show's struggling in the ratings I've no idea! I think the show really picked up especially in series 2, when the characters of Barbara, Daisy and Lucy were introduced.

Overall, I love theis DVD so much I've watched it countless times, and it's still funny every time. It's just a shame that this show hasn't had the recognition it deserves.
on 25 January 2011
i love this comedy citcom and always wanted it on dvd, i was so happy that amazon was selling it. resonably priced, cheaper than other sites, and in great condition and packaging. this show is about a man ,Lee Mack, living with a room mate who he's totally in love with but can never really have because shes his best friends girlfriend. this is such a funny and realistic comedy sitcom and is perfect for the comedy lovers.
on 31 December 2010
A very well written and acted sit-com, shows off Lee Mack and Tim Vine's impeccable comedy timing. Quick witted and laugh out loud funny make this an essential purchase. So if you're one for very ridiculous situations (i.e. getting your flatmate pregnant by masturbating in a bath), incompetent housekeeping and a front door that is always left open (have you noticed that ?) then this is one for you

Be warned for those who like their comedy gentle, this ISN'T Terry and June !!!
on 11 May 2011
Having an in-built resistance to sitcoms, I didn't bother watching 'Not Going Out' when it was first broadcast. I then caught the last couple of episodes of Series 4 - which I really enjoyed. So I thought I'd give the earlier programs a try - and I'm glad I did. If you like Lee Mack, you're sure to enjoy this comedy series. Recommended!
on 24 April 2011
There is so much pointless rubbish on TV these days and good comedy especially in the sitcom format is very hard to find I've only just discovered this little gem. While channel surfing one night I came across this on Dave and I saw it had Lee Mack in it and he always makes me laugh and with that one episode I immediately went on to Amazon and bought this boxset. My 15 and 17 year old sons love it and keep nicking the discs to play in their rooms and my husband who rarely laughs at anything and thinks all TV is a waste of time was grinning when he didn't think I could see him.
So yes in my and my family's opinion this series is hilarious and I'd go as far as to say 'wet yourself funny'