Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 May 2015
Awful racket, (and I listen to all sorts of rackets).
Highly unimpressed, thank god it was super-cheap.
My wife hated this, and although she dislikes much of the rackets I listen to, she's rarely moved to comment like she did on this one.
Some hours I'll never get back wasted on this - you would need to be a real fan to endure this.
One for Oxfam.
on 7 July 2011
Whilst operating somewhere in the pop and rock area, their music feels anything but. This is a finely constructed work with piano, horns, strings and voices to the fore. You won't get it on first listen. If you pay attention you may get it by the fifth. But if you stay with it, you're bound to adore it. It's gorgeous. If you're a fan of label-mates Grizzly Bear, you really need to give these guys a chance.
on 2 February 2011
I had the good luck to see Efterklang last year. I had gone to see Grizzly Bear and Efterklang were guests. But it was the Efterklang performance that stayed with me.

I think there is perhaps one duff song on the two albums - and by duff I mean flat. All the rest are spine tingling emotional epics.

Efterklang have a big classical rock sound. With fantastic vocal harmonies. Think Polyphonic Spree meets Arcade Fire but better.
on 3 March 2015