on 7 June 2018
I wish to cancel this and get a refund as I have never ordered this
One person found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 5 May 2018
I have been taking the electronic version of the Economist for some years and have always found the quality excellent, both in terms of content and also, crucially, in ease of access. Navigating the journal is very straightforward and I find that I now read far more of each issue than I did when I was buying the print version.
on 8 February 2018
Great content as always but very poor graphics and very hard to read. I don’t think I will continue subscription. You would think the economist which has many brilliant people as managers, board members and IT people would have figured that out by now and came up with a mobile friendly outline. Verydisappointing
on 1 February 2018
The most balance and intelligent of al newspapers. I get the Kindle edition every week and I find that by Thursday I'm eagerly awaiting the next edition. If you want to understand the politics and economics of all the major countries this is the paper for you.
on 16 September 2017
Marvellous current affairs newspaper, spoiled by a lousy digital subscription service and "couldn't care less" attitude towards customers informing them of download issues. My own subscription was not via Amazon, but read all the 1-star reviews and you'll get the picture - my experience was similar, and the icing on the cake was that once I'd unsubscribed I could no longer even access the editions I'd previously paid for and downloaded to my device. And do you think The Economist cared?
on 16 April 2017
i love The Economist but i subscribed to the digital package on the belief that i could download it onto my Kinddle.
the website and the promotion are pretty vague about that
i subsequently found that it is possible to download it through an App ( but it does not mention that it is only possible to do so with kindle Fire , which is of little use if one wants to read the magazine outdoors on a sunny day )

Can anyone confirm that i cannot download the economist on my proper Kindle e reader as opposed to a glaring tablet ?

However If we can, can anyone help with the procedure to follow ?

Thanking you in advance
8 people found this helpful
on 7 January 2017
The reporting in the Economist has sunk to such low leels, their views on brexit and the EU so heavily biased, they seem entirely incapable of offering a neutral, balanced view…much less sound financial reporting. Ones overall impression is a politically sponsored white wash, I have cancelled my decade long subscription.
3 people found this helpful
on 20 November 2016
Sad to have to agree with so many others but the poor implementation of kindle translation mkes for 3rd rate experience .

At first rate price...

on 19 July 2016
Kindle store is showing this at £9.99 but turns out this is the subscription price, go along with ordering it then you get the option to buy just this current week's edition for £3-something. Also says 'not available for digital download' on my tablet although reads fine using Kindle tablet app. Confusing website!
6 people found this helpful
on 3 July 2016
Totally agree with other comments re price. I am already a print/digital Economist subscriber, so why do I have to pay £120 per year for the Kindle version?