on 17 December 2012
This is something that will appeal to children aged 8 to 14 to read for themselves or 6 and 7s to read with their parents. The comic style is similar to DC comics (remember them?)with the story told almost exclusively in the dialogue which will suit children. The vocabulary has been carefully chosen so that it isn't too complicated for young readers.

It works better than expected on the Kindle with the dialogue being readable even without zooming in on the picture and the comic style is clear.

Rather than being a replacement for the Bible, it tells the better-known incidents in the lives of the listed kings and prophets (David and Goliath, Elijah and the prophets of Baal, Solomon and the two women with the baby) For children who have read those stories before the comics will serve as a handy and vivid reminder.
on 9 December 2012
We gave this three stars. It is quite sweet, although there are typos, and the stories do seem to miss chunks out, which is a little confusing if the kids don't already know the stories.
My daughter still carried on reading it though - perhaps the novelty value of using the machine rather than the content?! Did I mention the pictures? Simple but clear, so a cautious thumbs almost up. :D
on 13 June 2014
I downloaded this because I was curious to see how my Kindle Keyboard would handle comics. Now I know...

The 2 stars is not a comment on the content of this comic book - I can't comment on that; I'm afraid I didn't get that far. I just couldn't read the text on my Kindle Keyboard - it's too small. So make sure that it will be acceptable on whichever Kindle you own....
on 14 June 2013
I bought this with my young grandson in mind and have read some stories to him already. He has loved those I have read and likes looking at the pictures with me. He is four years old. I would recommend this for anyone who has young children of their own or who looks after children. Easy to read. Interesting and educational. A good buy.
on 28 March 2013
Rather disappointing, I found. For a child, yes,it might be less dauntng (even in black-and-white) than the St James' Bible, but it's still a little drab compared to the 'Classical Comics' (actual 'physical' books, granted, but in colour) kind of read.
on 4 October 2013
Would recommend this highly. The comics are not fully detailed hence this leaves room for the narrator to tell the story the way he/she wants to. Not working to a script allows for variation depending on the listener's level of knowledge/maturity
on 14 January 2013
I do not know the bible well but these stories seem to be a true reflection of the most well-known parts. The only minor criticism would be that the stories are too short and are not linked in any way. Well worth a look though. Thank you!
on 25 May 2014
This is a nice read, a bit truncated on the details of the prophets but anything which gets kids interested and reading it alright by me. Only have a basic kindle and this might have come across better in colour?
on 8 July 2015
Great for keeping little ones distracted during a long service when Sunday School isn't on over the holidays. Also great for reading together at all sorts of times as well as at bedtime. We bought the 3 books.
on 23 March 2015
Too small print and drawings to share with a child. I'm not sure if it's possible to bring the text size up as these drawings are like cartoons...or in the modern vernacular, graphic book style. 📚