on 29 October 2010
D.Gray-Man follows the story of exorcist Allen Walker. He's left arm is formed by a substance called innocence that can transform into a weapon for destroying Akuma. Akuma are machines created by the Millenium Earl for destroying humanity.

D.Gray-Man is, in my opinion, definitely worth watching. Although unfortunately the remaining episodes of 51 onwards have yet to be dubbed it is still fun to watch with good action and humor. The characters are great, each with their own personalities, so they are easy to get attached to. The storyline is interesting as well. There are alot of episodes that weren't based on the manga but it is still worth buying and a good way to spend your time.

Although I am dissapointed the rest of the episodes haven't been release - no one should be put of buying it too much, its still something i'd recommend for a good show.

update: I like the music as well.
22 Comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 November 2011
Anybody who has heard the whispers of D.gray man will know how good it is. This particular boxset in my opinion is giving you the main back story, I do really enjoy it and my Girl friend got into almost straight away, she utterly adores the characters. We both watch Naruto and Bleach and this is definitely up there with one of my favourite animes. The only niggle is hat people will always tell you "don't buy this because the second half isn't being released" Come on! Give the author a break, she has been extremely ill in the past year or so, i'm sure she has bigger priorities, it will come out when she is ready. The second part of D. Gray man is when it begins to get better, Level 3 and 4 enemies and more Noah fights. Just be patient and hopefully you will be extremely pleased!
on 10 June 2013
Okay as already pointed out by others this is only half to 3/4 of the entire series. However I brought it as it looked interesting and I was not disappointed.
Good graphics and the voice cast is some of Funimation's best with a great storyline.Some really funny bit's that will have you chuckling out loud too.
Buying it as is, hopefully they might see the demand and hurry up and release the dubbed remainder ... even more so they might see it worth their while to make some more of the anime.

Plus the amount of running series time you get for your money aint bad.
on 1 February 2013
Was so excited to see this was available having watched it originally when it was still airing, so i snapped it up fast, but what a shock and disappointment. Not in the series mind you, just in the fact its being misadvertised. This is NOT the complete series. There are two arcs to the series, stage 1 and stage 2 making up just over 100 episodes altogether, when i got the boxset and checked the discs i soon realized there was an issue. I only see around 52 episodes in the boxset knowing there are over 100... now i've watched a portion of it I have come to realise that it is only the first arc of the series... not the full series. Thanks for that amazon...

Anyway the series itself is great, i've watched it once already anyway but that did not make me hesitate at all in buying it and re watching it (english dubbed version this time). It really is a must have for any fans of supernatural action in anime (with a healthy dose of humor to help it along)
on 26 July 2012
I bought this series because:

I am a big anime fan, and I already caught up in my favourite series,(bleach, naruto) and seen a few others
I have a preference for complete series (which this is not)
I like a gothic theme
I like slightly weird characters

So do I like D.Gray man?

Hell yes!! This is definitely 1 of the best series I have seen so far.
There is ofcourse all the obvious characters.
The guy that feels superior of everybody else, the clumsy guy, the overprotective older brother, the cute girl, The cool silent guy, the ultimate bad guy, and the bad guy that isn't all bad. And a number of other characters that are all actually quite fun.
On top of that Allen Walker, our main character is absolutely brilliant. He is young, sweet and really likes to prove himself. He has a few surprising skills on the side too, which is cause for some funny scenes.

Allen Walker is an excorcist. These are people with the power to destroy Akuma (the bad guys)
He has been discovered by a guy from the order of excorcists called General Cross. Their teacher student relation is kinda like Jiraiya and Naruto. Although you only see small flashbacks of this during the story when certain things need explaining.

Well basically this runs like most anime, the excorcists are given assignments to take care of Akuma that are sighted in certain area's. And getting rid of them takes 1 or more episodes. Basically like any other anime with people fighting in it. But D.Gray man is better than most. The artwork and the storylines are pretty good. It is also quite a bit funnier than most anime in it's genre.

I really recommend this, and I will definitely get the next series once it comes out.
on 14 November 2012
I bought this beliveing that it was all the episodes of D.Greyman what a uter shock i ogot when i relised that it only pertained Stage 1 as it is name in Japan which is 52 episodes, stage 2 is form episode 53 to episode 103 (that they dont have)which is where bit really begins. The cover that FUNamition provided is not acurate, IT REALLY NEEDS TO BE!!!!!! I am now looking for Stage 2 but it is not out in the UK, urrrggggg.
55 Comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 June 2013
its a shame they haven't put on the rest of the the collection. i know the other half was never dubbed but i don't think anyone would mind if we get the whole show.
i watched all the episodes pretty much every night. its a well told story, interesting environments and situations to watch.
only complaint was teh box arrived with a crack on it that broke off but that was fixed with a glue gun. so worth a purchase
on 5 February 2013
I am aware that this boxset only contains 51 out of 103 episodes, but it doesn't really bother me. When I watched the first few episodes I fell completely in love with this anime. It's funny, yet emotional and I highly recommend it to anyone who loves anime.
on 3 June 2012
the story line is understandable and interesting. Time excapes you quickly as watch the episodes and the plot thickens. By the time you reach the end of the season you are left wanting more.
on 21 February 2013
Brilliant anime if not a bit boring in some episodes , animation done well and reminds me of some of the early 90's type of cartoons in some bits