on 11 December 2006
I can imagine this cd annoying a few people. I would say that I enjoyed it a greal deal though. Negative points - Myleene is not Bill Evans, and seems to my untrained ears to be a bit heavy on the keys sometimes. This might be the recording though. Also, I found the electronic beats a bit much - they are really unimaginative and don't add anything at all, and I suspect they were added to try and raise the "hipness" quota. Plus points though - it's a good mix of music, and Myleene plays with quite a bit of energy. The orchestral treatment of the Daniel Bedingfield song proves that a good tune will withstand any amount of new approaches, and equally it's interesting to hear the classical pieces taken of context - this proves that the music is good.

This is a good listen and the next album should be worth waiting for.
on 11 November 2003
I bought this album after hearing/watching Toccata on classicfm tv. Everyone knows Toccata even if they've never heard of the title per se and this seemed like a particular interesting variation. The music here is really a fusion between classical and pop, that is aimed at the generation X/Y crowd as a intro to 21st century classical music. Great for relaxing after a day at the office, especially if you've had problems on the tube!! Leave it on in the background and your house will feel relaxed! Oh yeah, she doesn't look half bad playing the piano either!
on 20 October 2003
I'm always slightly nervous of pop/rock-classical cross-overs, but Myleene Klass manages to avoid to pitfalls that have tripped up artists such as Bond and Vanessa Mae. Sensibly, the dance rythms are kept to an absolute minimum, and the result is some surprisingly sensitive interpretations.
Her current single Toccata avoids the bombastic approach used by any number of artists from Sky onwards, and is a good example of both the nature of the album and her playing style, which is fluid and accomplished. The classical version of Moonlight Sonata given as a bonus track at the end of the album demonstrates that she really can play and deserved this opportunity to re-launch her career.
On the whole this album is likely to appeal to classical music lovers far more than pop fans, but it is hoped that she may convert some of the latter in the process.
on 6 November 2003
At last I have a reason for sitting in traffic! I bought this album on the strenth that it included "The Heart Asks Pleasure First" from the Piano and have certainly not been disappointed with the other tracks. In my opinon she has covered some of the most beautiful music composed and has enhanced them with some modern accompniment. Myleen Klass has a talent that should not go un-noticed. This album should be included in everyones collection.
on 30 January 2008
This album is on my itunes every day now at work because it is so relaxing & peaceful, I have many hundreds of choices on my itunes yet every day go back to this one again & again, if you are classically trained & looking to find something wrong then perhaps you would BUT I have found it really enjoyable & its my 1st choice every day & i'm still not fed up of hearing it!! you will love it :)
on 1 October 2003
WOW WOW WOW!!!!
Ladies and gentlemen! myleene is back after her Intermezzo! With her debut single already making the 1st classical entry in The Box, this album is sure to be a hit!
The first single, Toccata & Fuguo represents Myleene's correct theory that Klassic is the NEW POP!
the album, "moving On", showcases myleene's professional act of talent as a classical artist with her own twist that will twist the critic's planned negative reviews, if there are anymore....
She also covers up Linkin Park's song, Crawling..... HER STYLE! it's simply a wonderful album and trust me, you won't regret buying it!
on 23 December 2005
This is a great CD, with a great blended mix of classical and hip tunes, ideal for any young classical listeners or movie fans, A lovely CD!!! I particularly enjoyed her version of Krwlng, a fantastic piece. This is a very innovative CD, very unlike the kind of work she has previously done, very impressive!!!
VINE VOICEon 9 December 2012
I enjoyed this cd. A nice modern twist to many of my favourite classics though at times some of twists feel as though they have been added just for the sake of it. There is no doubt the artist is very talented and it is a shame she hasn't produced more releases.

Overall I enjoyed this cd but these versions won't be replacing the classics as my favourites any time soon.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 May 2005
If you like music in the style of Maxsim or Bond, this is the CD to get. The sytlistic mix of Pop and Classic is really the best composition ever - a must buy.
I have not been dissapointed by the cd and will blindly buy me the next one if it comes out!
on 30 June 2008
I wish I had paid more heed to the only 1 star rating by 'a customer'. I too was very disappointed by this CD. I had expected full on concert style piano playing, instead of which I got 'one finger' style playing, very popular with the masses, but not very deep. If you like Clayderman, this may well please you.