on 27 July 2010
few weeks ago i purchased the Samsung Galaxy S i9000, and i really wanted to protect it as much as possible, so i purchased this product with a screen protector included.
The screen protector is very easy to apply, and there is a guide included to make sure nothing goes wrong. And the bubbles of course.. their is a few of them, but you get an applicator, it's basicly a small credit card,to remove the bubbles - and it worked fine for me and my Galaxy is all bubble-free. So i recommend this product to protect your Samsung Galaxy S.
on 9 September 2010
Having recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S, I was on the lookout for a decent case. I literally looked everywhere including eBay but I couldn't find one that matched my needs.

I wanted a case that was light, but durable. Easy to fit, but would not come off easily. More importantly, I wanted a case that would give me the reassurance that if I accidentally dropped it - I wouldn't be staring at shrapnel.

After receiving the items, which came in a clear plastic bag (inside Amazon's cardboard mailer which will be either reused or recycled), I was pleasantly surprised.

The case itself is made from black silicone, making it extremely durable, yet also lightweight. It fits the Samsung Galaxy S like a glove and all the relevant holes are there for charging, speaker, microphone and headset. It does cover the volume keys and the power on / off button, BUT the case itself has been moulded so that these areas are ever so slightly raised so you know where to press. These are also the 2 buttons on the device which hardly get used so it's not that much of a bother.

This package also includes a screen protector. Now I've never fitted one of these before so it was a steep learning curve, although there are instructions on what to do. Still - there does seem to be a little 'knack' to perfectly alligning the protector with the device. Sadly, I didn't allign mine properly the first time, which left a permanent air bubble on one side of the device. I later noticed that it was because I had just gone over the screen allowing the air to get in. You do have to be precise with this, or you'll end up with a piece of very thin plastic attracting all the dust in the room.

For the price - it really can't be beaten. Even if it was just for the case itself.

I have already ordered myself some replacement screen protectors on [...] (search for [...] ). There's 6 in a pack, which also includes 6 cleaning cloths (which didn't come with this order) for [...] . I haven't had these delievered yet but they look exactly the same after looking around so not a bad deal either.

Overall, very happy with the case, and I may actually purchase another - in a different colour if I can. It's cheap enough, and worth every penny. Thanks to the fast response of the seller too. This was delivered in 2 days despite being advised a week, although this may have been to cover themselves.

Recommended.
on 5 September 2016
Samsung are the best smartphone handset on the market. This particular model of handstand did last for a long time until it was involved in liquid damage.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 17 September 2010
The silicone case provides full protection with holes in all appropriate areas.
The screen protector has groves for the camera, buttons and the wi-fi.

Great product, can't give it any less than 5stars.
And for people who have left bad review, either can't put on screen protectors, or have no idea what silicone cases are.

Pictures will be uploaded soon!
on 10 August 2010
Received this today! I was first surprised at the size of the cover, however it does actually fit quite nicely. It's not too loose, and will come off with easy enough pressure. The cover has a slot for the power button and doesn't cover it up. However the side volume buttons are covered, but there's a little indent on the side of the case so it actually doesn't make pressing them any more difficult than normal. Highly recommend this.

However there is one thing I will say about this, and that's the screen protector. Unlike the person above who managed to get it nice and bubble free, me? I threw mine right in the bin after trying 4x. First time I failed, so I re-applied without lifting it up too much. The second time I got everything PERFECT! Very pleased I pull the little tab to remove the outer protective film and the whole blooming thing came up!! Wasn't a happy sausage considering I then had hair stuck on it, and dust under it. Basically I got loads of bubbles after that and that makes it pointless.

In short the case = 5* and the screen protector I can't comment on. I'd highly recommend getting a pack of 6 for the cheap which you can get here on amazon for like £3-4. Saves the trouble and you've always got backup if you're new / rubbish to this like me :P
on 26 November 2010
This fits my Galaxy S perfectly. It has saved my mobile from scratches as it fell quite many times from my hands. Though it destroys the beauty of the phone, the rubber case catches lot of dust particles inside and now my battery cover is full of scratches because of this case as the dust particles rub against the phone and this case. The screen protector is not really worth it, the application was easy and hassle free, but the quality and resistance to scratches is poor. IF YOU WEAR JEANS OR TIGHT JEANS, THIS IS NOT THE PRODUCT FOR YOU as the casing ALWAYS comes off when putting it in to the pocket or taking it out.

But as to what I spent on this product I didnt expected much to be honest and I am not disappointed except for the scratches it caused on the back cover of my phone.
on 27 February 2011
The product is great. Easy to remove, clean. Haven't used the screen protector, sorry I can't comment on that.
Case does make the phone bulky almost double the size. That could be because the phone has a slight curve in the back which is not featured on the case. Since the phone is very thin and slippery without the case the size and extra fraction makes if perfect for me.
I don't care how it looks as long as my phone is in tip top shape and when I look at the screen there are no scratches or when I feel it's safe enough to have it around me without the case it looks like I've just got a brand new phone. ; )
Careful with tissue in the same pocket, it collects small particles, can be easily wiped off, but it is not that nice to look at, so just keep it away from tissues. Edges are covered. Wholes are in the right places. No whole for power button and volume but it is marked and you can feel it with you fingers in your pocket.
on 4 December 2010
This is an excellent protector. It is ligtheight, barely adds to the overall dimensions of the phone. Doesn't get in the way. It also add the little extra grip required. The holes are in the right places too. The screen protector that it comes with is a nice addition. Screen protectors are quite fiddly but thanks to youtube, I managed to get it on with no bubbles. It doesn't appear to have made any difference to the touch sensitivity either.

Now, the downside to this product is that I wish the case was tighter. It is way too easy to take it off and I've found myself trying to get the phone out of my pockets and pulling the case off instead which defeats the objective. The rubber-like case also makes it a little fiddly to get in and out of your pocket which is a nuisance too. There are my only issues though.

Well worth buying if the cons wouldn't bother you otherwise, steer clear.
on 5 December 2010
Yes, it ruins the aesthetics of the phone.
Yes, it does tend to pick up lint and dust etc

But I found no problem putting the clear screen on.
No problem at all changing volume when the case is on, and mine fits my Galaxy S very well, so no slipping off.

Does what its meant to essentially
on 13 October 2010
Ordered this item as there were no other options in mobile phone shops 3 weeks after release apart from horrible faux leather cases. Skin is easy to fit, a touch loose but has not come off in my handbag or while in use so is doing a good job so far. Have dropped it and no harm done. Screen protector is a wee bit fiddly - sit somewhere without distractions and thoroughly clean the screen first. Did not stick to top left corner exactly but hardly noticeable. I can use the phone and screen with no problem - occasionally the volume button is a bit tricky to find but I don't change it that much. For the price - I would definately recommend.