Customer reviews

Colour: Black|Size: Medium|Change

on 4 June 2017
Quite expensive at £18 (even if you get 3 sets) since my earphones only originally cost £20 yet these are no longer available so no choice. Useful for blocking out external sounds. Produce a warm sound. Kneed them between thumb and fore (index) finger and place in ears, hold in place whilst they expand to create snug thickness. Really good for blocking out sound, including road surface sound when travelling. Hurt less than traditional/hard earphones but may become uncomfortable after long lengths of time. Because of being so good as isolating sound to just your music, I tend to have volume a lot lower than if using standard silicone or hard earphones which is great as this lengthens battery life.
on 21 May 2017
Attached to a pair of shure se215s. Deeper than my last set of comply headphone so isolate more noise. Very good at this and I tend to listen on a setting lower. These are deep enough to extract wax when you pull them out so make sure your lugs are gleaming or be prepared for a slightly unpleasant experience!
on 17 May 2014
I've been using using comply tips on all of my IEMs for years now,
started with medium T-100s which I actually still have 1 pair left, they are small, minimal size really, 10mm length 12mm diameter,
the best ones I've had were T-100 large from early 2013, 14mm length, 13mm diameter, no guard on them,
but when I re-ordered those I found that they had changed the design to a shorter wider version, closer in length to the original mediums, these measure roughly 14mm diameter and as such they seem to exert slightly too much pressure on my ears and lack the depth to get good isolation.

So I switched to the P-series which are much longer, 15mm + length, 13mm diameter, they also have a tapered core unlike the T-100s, so they feel slightly different when rolled and possibly isolate better.

The issue I found with these though is that they are actually TOO long, this might be great for use in very high noise environments, but for general usage I found that the hole would actually close up and muffle the sound because the insertion was too deep, so I had to actually cut the end off to hear the sound clearly, its difficult to get a straight cut since they are foam and you lose the nice rounded shape that complys have. After that you might notice an additional problem, the long core inside resonates strongly at certain frequencies ( around 4 to 8 KHz ) like a reed in a wind instrument, adding a slight harsh sound to the music, to fix this I had to force back the remaining foam past the end of the core and cut around 2-3mm off, not easy.

I give it a high rating anyway because from what I've seen theres nothing else you can buy that will produce the good results you can get with this.
on 7 September 2016
I've always experimented with phone tips and always come back to comply. Usually get the isolation ones with wax guard. Thought I'd try these to to be satisfied I'd tried them all. Glad I did. I like these best! Give more isolation on train journeys and the listening experience improved greatly.

Maybe depends on ears but I haven't noticed the canal getting squashed closed when pushed right in as indicated by another review here. They're soft and expand with heat to fit perfect if you let them settle for a bit. Understand designed for aircraft pilots originally - comfortable for long periods of time and can lie my head against train window without any issue.

One reviewer said can come off in the ear when try and remove the 'phones - just need to make sure you push them in to the headphone fully or they'll pull back off. As long as you do that - perfect listening experience. Waste of good IEM's not to use comply to get the best out of them.
on 8 November 2016
I ordered a pack of these medium-sized tips and a pack of the large-sized tips, because I wasn't 100% certain which size I needed. Regarding these medium-sized tips, I didn't experience a sound quality that was any different from the Shure official tips (for the SE535 IEMs). The large tips were just too large (wide, not long); forcing themselves out of my ear as they expanded. However, they are surprisingly comfortable in the ear considering their length.

The only reason I would buy these again is if they are cheaper than the Shure official tips at the time of purchase.
on 20 December 2013
I didn't think anything could improve on the sound of my Shure 535 headphones. I was wrong. Thanks to the Comply Foam Tips, the Shures sound even better: every voice and instrument clear and distinct from the highest notes to the deepest bass, as if the music has been transported straight from the studio into my head. The Tips are quite comfortable and also offer near total insulation from outside noise. That would be my only word of warning: it would be easy to miss announcements at airports or on trains etc.
on 3 December 2015
The memory foam is far too soft ,this means they always deform in your ear and half the time stay in the ear canal when your remove them.Cheaply made but massively overpriced.
on 11 July 2013
I've tried several other foam tips for my etymotic IEMs (including some extra options etymotic provides, besides the ones they give you with the ER4s) and I also have custom made silicone molds. First of all, the isolation with these tips is better than everything else (including the highly expensive silicone molds). Secondly, comfort wise, these are much more comfortable than the other foam tips, and minimally less comfortable than the silicone molds (you feel a slight pressure) ie, you don't really start to get tired of the IEMs for at least 2-3 hours (truth is, with the custom silicone tips, you could wear them all day long). And finally and more importantly, the sound is better than EVERYTHING else, including the molds!! (which I didn't expect). It seems that a) the molds don't allow the tip to reach so deep into the ear (although it's extremely deep) and the bass somewhat suffers as a result. and b) the sound of your footsteps if you have to walk, or any other internal sounds which are unavoidable when wearing IEMs, is not so pronounced as with the silicone molds! So in the end, it seems that the only thing these extra.... 150£ got me was (much) extra comfort. The next best thing (or THE best thing, if you don't have to use your IEMs for more than a few hours at a time) are these foam tips though, and for a tenth of the price..... Just ordered a second packet.
on 28 June 2016
I am using these with my New Shure 535 IEM and I find the Sound isolation so good I no longer need my active noise cancelling earphones
the large size give me better isolation than the medium but I'm a big head! :¬)
on 21 June 2016
Using these with Westone W30 IEMs. Great isolation and very comfortable. Have found they are soft enough to push in with compressing first. Highly recommended if Shure Olives or standard Complys are too short