on 11 December 2013
Great camera. So easy to use. And to transfer photos onto computer. Good quality pictures and videos and would recommend
41 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 5 January 2014
I have not used a camera for years and I am finding this quite straightforward to use. I had no bother with purchase and delivery
25 people found this helpful
on 18 September 2014
I needed a replacement for my old Practica camera. The last Kodak I had was my Brownie camera ! This EasyShare C195 is great for me (69 year old lady). It's compact and so very easy to use. The pictures are clear and sharp and I am pleasantly surprised at the overall quality of this camera considering the price. The instructions are clear and I had no trouble in setting the camera up to use. Uploading pictures on to the computer is also very easy. I have replaced the Kodak AA batteries with Duracell Lithium ones though, as I think that they last longer. Also, I bought a hard shell purple and white spotted camera case from Argos for £4.99 which fits my new camera perfectly. Result !
on 24 August 2014
This digital camera is straight forward and easy to setup from a hardware point of view. Plus it is very simple to take photos and use the nav keys to work the menu and access the different options like formating a memory card, setting date & time etc... Now this is were the BUT comes in, when you are connecting it to a PC via the supplied USB cable, the drivers / software are inbuilt into the camera and you install the software onto the PC via the camera. [Note, there is NO supplied CD / disk with drivers / software] . Though when I was trying to install drivers / software via the camera, the installation failed on numerous attempts. Hence I had to search for Kodak digital camera drivers / software on the Internet. This took some time, as Kodak official website do NOT have the drivers / software available to download. I was lucky to find a third party website to download and install the drivers / software. Once installed, my PC recognized the camera and I was able to transfer my photos to PC via the Kodak Share software...
on 20 December 2014
I bought the camera to replace an old Kodak DX 7630. When it arrived it looked good and i was not too bothered about other comments regarding small buttons on top and also that the camera lost the date and time if you opened the battery cover (which it does not!)
I did a comparison test with the DX 7630 and the C 195 was not as clear/sharp nor were the colours so well defined. I had made sure both camera settings were as near the same so, given the results, I returned the item for a refund - - - The DX 7630 has a schneider KREUZNACH lense which i reckon might be making the difference
The first of the 2 att. pics is from the older camera
review imagereview image
on 3 December 2014
I'm an amateur photographer who usually just points and shoots. My parents took me on holiday to America this year and so buying this turned out to be a great decision. With a 32gb SD card it has managed to take over 400 photos, and there's still room for hundreds more. The photos are excellent quality, thanks to good zoom capabilities. The camera is sturdy and compact, and fit into my travel bag nicely. I also took a couple of videos with it. Figuring out how to do everything was easy enough for me, and I would recommend this camera to travellers and amateur photographers.
on 13 March 2015
I bought this camera as it was on a special offer. On receipt of it I discovered that Kodak no longer support the software. This wasn't a problem because I was able to take the card out and put it directly into the slot in my computer. The problem I have now is that the camera's faulty and wont read the card; now the display on the camera says: memory card needs formatting- 'ok' I do it. Then it says Formatting will erase everything:' I press ok' then it says formatting. and it just goes round and around.
on 29 April 2014
Takes fairly good photos. The buttons are small and fiddly and the easy share is misleading as you still need to connect to the computer to share, their in no wi-fi. It easier just to stick the sd card in the computer than use easy share. I was expecting it to work more like a smart phone camera. Also the kodak sharing service seems to have shut down now. Get it if you want a cheap camera but dont buy it for the photo share as it is just a gimmick.
2 people found this helpful
on 22 May 2015
After several years' use, my old Kodak C183 was beginning to fall apart and needed replacing. The C195 was the logical replacement, and I am pleased to say that although this is in essence the same camera, there have been a few design tweaks. The battery compartment now features a slightly more robust clip for when the cover is closed - a design flaw on the C183. The C195 also boasts a 5x optical zoom (over the 3x of the C183).

As I already have the Easyshare "app" installed on my computer, I can still transfer images to it using this method (although they can be transferred directly from the memory card (not included)).

A useful feature of the camera is the option to select the aspect ratio of 3:2 - perfect for printing 6'' x 4'' photographs. This saves time cropping the images to suit.

A user guide is included in the box, which covers the basics, but a more comprhensive one can be downloaded from Kodak (although it took me a few moments to find it on their website).

All in all, this is a quality camera. The only minor quibble I have is that the On/Off, picture mode and flash buttons on the top of the camera have shrunk to the size of microswitches, compared to those on the C183, hence four stars.
on 8 July 2014
Really nice camera for the price.
Had a few issues getting it to connect to both windows 7 and 8 but after a bit of playing around got it working. It seems to want to use the Kodak software by default which stops the computer being able to see the camera as an external drive.
To fix this go to the setup menu (on the camera) and scroll down to the computer connection option, set this to 'other application' rather than 'Kodak software'.
The camera will then be detected by windows and you can import photos or browse through explorer.
5 people found this helpful