Size: Pack Of 1|Change

on 12 January 2014
As a type 2 diabetic, the using of sweeteners is always tricky. Although it costs a bit, it's good.I can now bake, have breakfast with with a sweetener and many other things that I would have given up on, I like it and will use it again.
on 13 September 2013
This product beats any other sweetener I've tried. It is the closest thing to cane sugar I've had so far. The taste is great and the texture is just like normal sugar.
on 2 October 2013
Ordered from ALL MALL SHOP arrived safely packaged, to be signed for and quite fast.
The actual product was a LOVELY SURPRISE:

NO horrible after taste!!!!

Cooks sponges and syrups wonderfully - have yet to try with wheat free flour but am positive it'll be excellent too!!

My only negative point is my first use, as per XYLITOLS package instructions, we all found it sickly sweet. BUT that's my fault because I never put the amount of sugar recipes call for because they are over sweet for our taste. My next sponge using less xylitol was a winnner and eaten as soon as touched the table!!!!

So all in all HIGHLY RECOMMEND PRODUCT AND ALL MALL :)
on 14 February 2014
Ive been using Xylitol sugar for the last couple of years. I like the fact that its totally natural (made from birch trees). It looks like & tastes like regular sugar but its actually good for your teeth, less calories, low GI and even diabetics can use it! I like this brand because they don't use GMO. Highly recommended!
on 2 September 2013
Wonderful! No further words are needed. Just the labelling on my large air tight bottle of Xylitol states 'healthy sugar'.
on 22 May 2014
I use this to make mouthwash excellent for you teeth and to sweeten tea. Read up about xylitol and how good it is for your teeth and gums. I got this at a very good price and will buy again. Much cheaper than in the shops.
on 29 March 2015
Use with caution - I like many others was looking for a sugar substitute and came across Xylitol. Used it happily for a couple of months and then started suffering with severe indigestion and tiredness and had terrible pain with it. I didn't realise for a couple of months that this 'natural' substance could be the cause of my pain and discomfort until I read a couple of blog posts warning of the dangers. I stopped using xylitol (I was only around 2 teaspoons a day) and my indigestion subsided and now I'm feeling fine. Please think very carefully before purchasing this sugar substitute!
on 22 October 2015
I bought this stuff as part of a raw food diet but got more than I bargained for-the title says it all.
I feel I should write a review as some sort of warning, in case you too, are caught out.

Do not, do NOT ……I repeat n – o – t add too much Xylitol to your rawfood delight, or like me, you will be spending your day in the hallway outside the loo, with an easy access pair of trousers on and a nappy bag on hand for your soiled underwear.

I accidentally put too much (2 tablespoons) into my rawfood breakfast ‘Raspberry Angel Pudding’ which, on the quick way out, was more like ‘Satan’s Curry’ .

The effects took about 90 minutes to manifest....stealthily quiet for juuuuust long enough for me to have got ready for the day, picked up the car keys and be at the point for setting off for an hour’s commute to work. Luckily, the ominous jungle-like gut-gurgling gave me warning that all was not well, but the race up the stairs to the loo was just a leap too far.

T minus Explosion: 18 seconds.

Praise be that I took advantage of our supermarket’s half term loo roll deal and that my washing machine has a sturdy boil-wash function.

I’ve lost a working day, but on the bright side, witnessing their mother on the loo all day (no time to shut the door….be warned), clutching a packet of baby wipes with any shred of her dignity round her ankles, has brightened up my teenagers’ half term no end.

Plus, I think I’ve gone down a dress size.
44 comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 November 2014
As a doctor and dermatologist, I am avoiding sugar (and all artificial sweeteners such as aspartame) as part of my 'FuturApproved' anti-aging diet. Future Proof Your Skin.: Slow down your biological clock by changing the way you eat.

However, sometimes it is nice to be able to sweeten dishes and for those occasions I find xylitol extremely useful, as it can be used 1:1 just like table sugar. Xylitol has hardly any influence on our blood sugar levels (i.e. it doesn't encourage inflammation and collagen cross-links etc., unlike conventional table sugar), so is fully in keeping with my way of eating. Also, unlike stevia, which I find completely unpalatable, it's not bitter. My recommendation is to get xylitol made 100% from birch wood (not genetically modified corn, as some of the cheaper products).

I use this a lot to bake (sugar- and grain-free) cakes and it works without any problems (nobody even notices the difference). Just be careful not to overeat on xylitol, as it may be laxative...

Other than that - 100% FuturApproved!
on 3 January 2015
While I've had no problems with using this by the teaspoon as a sugar substitute in hot drinks, i've found that using it in larger amounts as a sugar sub in baking, results in a most explosive and embarrassing gastrointestinal effect, not just in myself but in my unfortunate fellow cake partakers! As a result I will be looking for an alternative sweetener. I'm also concerned that while this product is marketed as a natural sweetener, I have discovered that the methods of producing it are anything but natural, it is a highly processed product, another reason I shall now look for an alternative.