Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Original Packaging|Change

on 29 June 2012
Right I'll keep this simple!

Good Points- The price is great- I paid about 6 quid...I mean I'd pay that for 9 AA batteries alone anywhere else...the price was what drew me in, more expensive I probably wouldn't have bothered as they're not the most asthetically pleasing models!
You get a head torch and 2 pretty sweet small torches too. Price it up it should be about 12 quid by the time you buy them seperately. They are all really bright. They are also pretty light in weight, but aren't cheap feeling and the headset is comfy.

Bad Points- No focus, which cuts down their distance but hey they were 6 quid!! I hate that big Rolson label down the side...er anything else...not sure if they're all that waterproof, but to be honest at that price- if they die coz I fell in a river or something- I'd just buy them again!

Great cheap set of torches...I shopped all over ebay and amazon and didn't find a better bargain.
on 16 May 2012
This is an excellent buy for a couple of reasons.

Firstly the torches and Head Light actually work. That is they're bright enough on their own to enable you to actually see where you're going when it would otherwise be too dark. And believe me I've had a few torches that fail that simple test. The torches are nicely made from aluminium with a decent weight to them and don't shatter into a thousand pieces at the sight of my garage floor. The battery compartment is behind a nice screwed on end and feels secure adding to the overall robust nature of the item. The head light is plastic with a nice broad headband meaning it doesn't dig in if you have to wear it for a couple of hours at a time. I have been told to remove it at the dining table on more than one occassion.

The Torches are actually quite bright. I have one in the car and one in our travel bag. They both get used quite a lot as we go camping and they're brilliant campsite lights, being good enough to see with but not too overpowering as to wake every bugger within a 30 mile radius thus getting me a kicking for being inconsiderate. Which is nice. Means I can sleep easy knowing that should I need to go to the little boys room at some ridiculous hour then all I need do is take my Rolson 9 LED torch and all will be well with the world. Finding it in the tent is a different matter of course because, quite simply, I'm married. Therefore, and this is for all of you unmarried people out there, it is never where I left it. It will have been put away somewhere tidy. Obviously this will be a different somewhere tidy then the last somewhere tidy because these things always are. This is why getting two of the torches is such a bonus. Because I always leave one in the car, and I can always find my car next to the tent, I always have a torch. Smug git ain't I? Until she tidies up my car keys that is.

Anyway. Secondly. The head light I use when working on the car or bike. It puts out enough light to fill the shadowy recesses caused by engines and bodywork and stuff. But it isn't too bright to overpower the area. Plus, because you wear it on your head (duh) it shines where you look. Which, as opposed to the alternative of it shining somewhere else, is a major plus point.

And Thirdly - look I never said I could count - the batteries last a decent length of time too if you use decent batteries.
on 12 January 2012
Great value torches for home or outdoor use. Head lamp with RED LED steady light for use with sky watching at night. Prompt service. Very pleased.
on 23 November 2011
BP sells this for 7.99 each with out bats (a single led torch) and I got 2 + head light for 5 squid inc bats.

Torch has good light bright up to 10/15 mtrs. Made well simple but solid. Use one at work to check damaged cars in dark, does job well.

Head light has blue light so very clear, normally pay £6 for this...great for cycling walkin caving and working in dark spots...also has a handy red led for...em...dark rooms????

Both types would be brighter if using good high amh bats.
on 3 November 2011
What a bargain. The torches are bright enough and the head torch lights a good area. Gave one torch to my friend and use the other for my bike via an attachment.
on 1 December 2012
I bought this with little expectation given the price but have been pleasantly surprised. The two handheld torches are of good quality with a very strong "blue white" LED beam. There is no focusing but a good pool of light for most applications. I bought this to replace a similar one which I bought from Wilkinsons for about £4. That was a single torch. The head torch is also very nice. The strap is a single head loop so not as secure on the head as my other head torch which incorporates a front to back adjustable strap but never-the -less this is still a very usable and aesthetically pleasing little bonus. It is small and comfortable to wear and even without the extra strap fits snugly and firmly under normal operation and walking.

All in all I can say I would absolutely recommend this package product for it's more than reasonable quality and great price making it excellent value for money.
on 16 April 2016
I don't know how they do it!!!!
Ultra bright torches. Exactly as described, I use the headset out at night as I do some observing and astro photography on my telescope. Fiddling with the lenses in the dark is impossible so I needed a headset. BUT, I wanted something not too bright because I don't want my eyes adjusting all the time to different lighting. Ideally I would just be in the dark all the time. I didnt realise but the headset comes with a bright light, but also a switch which changes it to RED. I can now do my outdoor astronomy with ease as the red is perfect for my eyes and allows me to make adjustments to my equipment.
Cant fault these. Would buy again.
on 15 October 2014
The light output from the torches is incredible for the size of them and they are extremely lightweight as well. I would recommend this product for the torches alone, the head light is just a bonus, which does everything it is supposed to.
on 1 September 2015
There are lights and then there are Rolson lights. We bought our housing and I went DIY mad, working in small dark places (under sinks, inside cupboards, under the stairs, etc), you need to have a good light. Something bright enough to illuminate everything in the general direction you are looking, and also something that's not going to eat through batteries like a hungry kid on a playground with a packet of monster munch. These work really well in that respect. Its been a long time and I have been using them all the time, the batteries are still going strong.

The head torch is spot on! The band is adjustable, you can angle the light in the direction you need it, and there is a red light available, which I have yet to use. But I always end up flicking it on when I go to turn the light off.

The standard torches are fantastic, they have more LEDs inside, and they are very bright. These are the lights we use when we go trailing and hiking. They work very well, and illuminate a good distance out.

Well worth the purchase, and they are cheap to boot! We paid £7 at the time. Recommended....
on 29 December 2011
On the whole very good, although battery cover on head torch a little tricky to close. The hand torches are fine and fit for purpose.