Package Quantity: 1|Style: Original Packaging|Change

on 29 June 2012
Right I'll keep this simple!

Good Points- The price is great- I paid about 6 quid...I mean I'd pay that for 9 AA batteries alone anywhere else...the price was what drew me in, more expensive I probably wouldn't have bothered as they're not the most asthetically pleasing models!
You get a head torch and 2 pretty sweet small torches too. Price it up it should be about 12 quid by the time you buy them seperately. They are all really bright. They are also pretty light in weight, but aren't cheap feeling and the headset is comfy.

Bad Points- No focus, which cuts down their distance but hey they were 6 quid!! I hate that big Rolson label down the side...er anything else...not sure if they're all that waterproof, but to be honest at that price- if they die coz I fell in a river or something- I'd just buy them again!

Great cheap set of torches...I shopped all over ebay and amazon and didn't find a better bargain.
on 16 May 2012
This is an excellent buy for a couple of reasons.

Firstly the torches and Head Light actually work. That is they're bright enough on their own to enable you to actually see where you're going when it would otherwise be too dark. And believe me I've had a few torches that fail that simple test. The torches are nicely made from aluminium with a decent weight to them and don't shatter into a thousand pieces at the sight of my garage floor. The battery compartment is behind a nice screwed on end and feels secure adding to the overall robust nature of the item. The head light is plastic with a nice broad headband meaning it doesn't dig in if you have to wear it for a couple of hours at a time. I have been told to remove it at the dining table on more than one occassion.

The Torches are actually quite bright. I have one in the car and one in our travel bag. They both get used quite a lot as we go camping and they're brilliant campsite lights, being good enough to see with but not too overpowering as to wake every bugger within a 30 mile radius thus getting me a kicking for being inconsiderate. Which is nice. Means I can sleep easy knowing that should I need to go to the little boys room at some ridiculous hour then all I need do is take my Rolson 9 LED torch and all will be well with the world. Finding it in the tent is a different matter of course because, quite simply, I'm married. Therefore, and this is for all of you unmarried people out there, it is never where I left it. It will have been put away somewhere tidy. Obviously this will be a different somewhere tidy then the last somewhere tidy because these things always are. This is why getting two of the torches is such a bonus. Because I always leave one in the car, and I can always find my car next to the tent, I always have a torch. Smug git ain't I? Until she tidies up my car keys that is.

Anyway. Secondly. The head light I use when working on the car or bike. It puts out enough light to fill the shadowy recesses caused by engines and bodywork and stuff. But it isn't too bright to overpower the area. Plus, because you wear it on your head (duh) it shines where you look. Which, as opposed to the alternative of it shining somewhere else, is a major plus point.

And Thirdly - look I never said I could count - the batteries last a decent length of time too if you use decent batteries.

Update. After 5 years one of the torches refuses to work. The head lamp and other torch are still going strong. I'd normally be disappointed but it's seen so much use, and been dropped more than a few times, soaked at least twice including being dropped in the sea once - sorry but I'm a clumsy sod - and had dead batteries left in it for over a month at least once. But now it rattles where it didn't before, and even fresh batteries and a thorough cleaning of the battery compartment have failed to bring it to life. Oh well. I still have one torch and the head lamp and they still get used a lot. Chuffed to bits with how well these have stood up to my sometimes brutal neglect.

I thoroughly endorse them.
on 12 January 2012
Great value torches for home or outdoor use. Head lamp with RED LED steady light for use with sky watching at night. Prompt service. Very pleased.
on 23 November 2011
BP sells this for 7.99 each with out bats (a single led torch) and I got 2 + head light for 5 squid inc bats.

Torch has good light bright up to 10/15 mtrs. Made well simple but solid. Use one at work to check damaged cars in dark, does job well.

Head light has blue light so very clear, normally pay £6 for this...great for cycling walkin caving and working in dark spots...also has a handy red led for...em...dark rooms????

Both types would be brighter if using good high amh bats.
on 1 September 2015
There are lights and then there are Rolson lights. We bought our housing and I went DIY mad, working in small dark places (under sinks, inside cupboards, under the stairs, etc), you need to have a good light. Something bright enough to illuminate everything in the general direction you are looking, and also something that's not going to eat through batteries like a hungry kid on a playground with a packet of monster munch. These work really well in that respect. Its been a long time and I have been using them all the time, the batteries are still going strong.

The head torch is spot on! The band is adjustable, you can angle the light in the direction you need it, and there is a red light available, which I have yet to use. But I always end up flicking it on when I go to turn the light off.

The standard torches are fantastic, they have more LEDs inside, and they are very bright. These are the lights we use when we go trailing and hiking. They work very well, and illuminate a good distance out.

Well worth the purchase, and they are cheap to boot! We paid £7 at the time. Recommended....
on 15 October 2014
The light output from the torches is incredible for the size of them and they are extremely lightweight as well. I would recommend this product for the torches alone, the head light is just a bonus, which does everything it is supposed to.
on 3 November 2011
What a bargain. The torches are bright enough and the head torch lights a good area. Gave one torch to my friend and use the other for my bike via an attachment.
on 16 April 2016
I don't know how they do it!!!!
Ultra bright torches. Exactly as described, I use the headset out at night as I do some observing and astro photography on my telescope. Fiddling with the lenses in the dark is impossible so I needed a headset. BUT, I wanted something not too bright because I don't want my eyes adjusting all the time to different lighting. Ideally I would just be in the dark all the time. I didnt realise but the headset comes with a bright light, but also a switch which changes it to RED. I can now do my outdoor astronomy with ease as the red is perfect for my eyes and allows me to make adjustments to my equipment.
Cant fault these. Would buy again.
on 11 August 2016
In terms of value for money this is a great buy. The handheld torches are very bright and seem sturdy enough to withhold a good amount of wear and tear, they are also very compact which makes them handy for every day carry items of to keep in your glove box.

The headlamp is brilliant too, the white LED mode very bright and focused lighting with a good range, the red is fit for purpose, tactical style lighting that isn't too bright but enough to help you see nearby objects.
The strap is comfortable and adjustable, so no matter how big or small your noggin' is this will fit (Within reason!)

The only reason I have given this 4 stars it the swivel on the headlamp is very loose, it doesn't take much to accidentally move the headlamps aim.

I would very much recommend this product!
on 29 December 2011
On the whole very good, although battery cover on head torch a little tricky to close. The hand torches are fine and fit for purpose.