on 1 August 2016
I decided to go for a laser printer.I wanted a printer that I could use occasionally for printing out things like boarding passes, tickets,documents and copying the crossword so that my wife doesn't hog it.My previous printer was a ink jet/photo smart and used a lot more ink every time it turned on.It is very well designed and it does everything it is designed to do.The quality of the prints, scans and copy's are excellent.This printer seems ideal.Fast printing, easy to use (print from phone/laptop over wi-fi) and decently easy to setup.Seller was very fast to send the product, sooner than expected at no extra cost, it arrived in very good shape, all brand new and sealed as expected.
on 31 January 2012
This was bought to replace an Epson inkjet after the print heads became blocked only 15 months after purchase. It's a problem common to all inkjets but doesn't afflict a laser printer. You also have to use the inkjet regularly or it becomes more prone to blockage and the cartridges go off. Lasers do much better when used infrequently and the toner cartridge has a much longer shelf life. When turning on the inkjet multifunction for the purpose of a scan the inkjet charges the printheads automatically which wastes ink...once again not a problem with a laser printer. Finally, I also wanted black and white copying due to the cost of colour cartridges for the inkjet which are used even when printing in black and white and whenever the printer is turned on.

So far so good with this printer. It was easy to set up, works well wirelessly, is very quick to print, producing good quality copies. It is taller than my inkjet but has a smaller footprint and it's easy enough to stow the paper when it's not in use. The paper feeds from the front so this must be kept in mind when considering your space requirements. Scans are perfectly adequate.

All in all very pleased with my purchase and would recommend to anyone who doesn't require colour printing and where use is infrequent increasing the chance of blockage to an inkjet. It's perfect for occasional use in a home environment for this reason but perfectly capable of satisfying the needs of a small office.
on 22 November 2011
Have just received this printer and spent the last five hours setting it up.

I have a BT home hub 3.0, Mac Book Air and fortunately a windows laptop. A previous reviewer had the home hub 2.0 and wrote the settings for that which helped and gave me hope.

Things you have to do to get it to work with Mac are

1. Install using the windows machine - this is really difficult. It kept failing after entering the password for the router. The default settings on the installer do not work. You have to click on advanced and select the correct network protocol which is WPA personal and Encryption of TKIP - AES.

2. After doing that the wireless set up for the pc laptop worked and I could disconnect it from the printer with the USB cable and print.

Then onto the Mac book Air.

This was another huge issue - it initially could see the printer under settings and then installed the driver from the Apple website but then when I tried to print - no connection to the printer.
In the end i went onto the router configuration and changed the channel configuration from automatic to channel 1 and added the printer manually in system preferences selecting IP printer putting the ip address which I knew about from the windows laptop in the Address field and selecting the driver as a Samsung 32000 series. That worked.

My recommendation is unless you are pretty technical with computers or know someone who is stay away until they sort this out.

The print quality is OK once you get there though.
VINE VOICEon 25 February 2012
Order by Prime or next day and make sure you're there for arrival as it's a good sized box you don't want have to go and collect! Set up is easy - it's arrived with UK (and a Euro) plug and USB cable. CD was dodgy but Windows 7 can download the required drivers automatically. Take note of the quick set up card and make sure you get rid of all the tape and shake up the toner cartridge before use. Prints well if you use good quality multi use / laser paper. Black and white printer but it scans in colour which is a nice surprise. Didn't bother with WiFi set up as it's sat next to the PC anyway! For less than a £100 why would you bother with ink jets drying up and dying on you?
on 18 February 2012
Just set it up today on my Mac. Didn't need to even install software. Macbook pro downloads and installs automatically and it started working beautifully in no time. I was pleasently surprised how fast it prints compared to my old inkjet. Print quality very good except for the pictures. But for the price and my use I wasn't exciting any more. Tried to setup the wireless but it wasn't very straightforward and quick so I gave up. Lots of steps to follow from instructions. So I guess that is the only issue that could be better. Also when I start the printer it starts making a an irritating high pitch whistling noise. Hence it has lost one star.
on 1 November 2011
Bought this printer to be rid of the infuriating cloggy blotty hell that is inkjet printing. My concern was that the wireless setup would be a nightmare with my ancient Netgear DSG834 router. It has in fact been completely straightforward. All I had to do was enter the router's config (SSID, WPA/WEP security option etc., password) details into the printer setup over USB. It connects after a few seconds even with a power cycle. Print quality looks fine with no inky stripes and fingerprint smudges. Came with both 2 and 3-pin plugs, plus USB lead. Minus one star for the rather flimsy paper in and out support, but it's just a detail.
on 24 August 2012
When I bought this printer, there were no other options in Amazon for a under 100 pound multifunction printer. Connected to my router just fine. It works fantastic, with wireless connection from my laptop. Only problem is, it needs to be manually brought out of sleep mode. The scanning software could definitely do some improvement.
on 27 February 2012
This item is exactly what it says. Definitely worth for the price paid. Light weight, compact and good looking. I managed to get around 1000 copies for the toner cartridge that came with the printer. Do not purchace a replacement toner for more than £50, you can recycle the original around £25. Very good item for the price paid.
on 9 February 2012
A really good little printer, easy to install on my PC and very clear simple instructions. A much better buy than the awful Epson inkjet it replaces. Print quality looks good.
on 29 January 2011
I agree with the previous comment, and disagree with the earlier two. We have had it for home / home office use for several weeks and am delighted with the quality and print speed. Comes with a UK plug, as well as a Continental plug, so that's not an issue. It is very compact - as long as you allow a bit of extra space for the paper tray, that's also not a problem
7 people found this helpful