Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now New Album - Zara Larsson Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

2,220

on 10 October 2010
This is the 360 pad that comes with the slim console. The distinguishing feature is the black d-pad rather than a grey circular one. Overall it feels more comfortable than the original 360 pad, but the most noticeable improvement is the d-pad. The directions are more defined, with rigid edges which aren't as slight as the original, and the d-pad doesn't slide around like the non slim's dpad did.

I play street fighter 4 on both xbox and ps3 and disliked playing the 360 version on pad because of the flimsy poor excuse for a d-pad. However, using this pad I was immediately at home, pulling off special moves with ease, (something i struggle to do with the analague stick or the non slim pad, even though i am series veteran).

If you're getting a 360 wireless pad get this one, it's just better. I'm sure Microsoft will phase out the old ones anyway.

K'+
22 Comments| 125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 December 2014
after reading other reviews here saying there controllers might not be official I made sure it was Amazon selling me it.

arrived by courier 3 days after I ordered. Came in official plastic box like in pic.

lovely smooth soft glossy top half normal under belly. Don't have issues with finger prints well not like the glossy xbox 360 slims did.

the D-pad best I've seen yet.

£30 good price as it's better IMO than the standard 360 wireless controller, shame they never seem to offer the other colors at similar price.
on 25 March 2013
It's a controller for the Xbox, what more can I say? Good. Does not control time / space, or women.
0Comment| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 February 2015
Fantastic controller. Exceeds the original Xbox 360 controller in every way (the one that came with Standard and Elite consoles). The directional buttons aren't a nightmare to work with anymore and the material of the analog sticks isn't rubbing away like my previous controllers (I managed to wear the analog sticks down to the plastic!!)

I've been using this controller for about a month now on both my Xbox 360 and my PC with the official Microsoft wireless adapter for windows (NOT INCLUDED). It feels great to use, with an instant response time and great battery life.
on 24 August 2012
This controller is very pleasing to the eye. I was a little bit dissapointed when the back of the controller was not chrome like the matt silver controller. But I did not read too much into this controller. The only downside is that if your hands sweat you will see the marks on the chrome surface. Otherwise its just another controller for the collection that looks nice.
on 24 July 2012
This controller is much better than the original controllers that came with the xbox. The analogue sticks are much more comfortable to use & the "transformer" d-pad (though a little bit gimmicky) is a welcome addition and I can honestly say I prefer having the option to change it rather than being stuck with the solid circle type on the other controllers.

All in all well worth the money if you need a new controller.

Also, it's red chrome, which is awesome.
on 9 June 2012
I don't normally go for special edition peripherals but I had to get myself one of these, it looked so good. Works in much the same way as a standard controller with a few minor differences.

There are two,
a) The transforming D-pad. To be honest I'm not sure why it needed to be changed or whether this change actually improves anything. As far as I can tell it works exactly the same and feels the same. It's not really a selling point to me.

b) The sticks have a different rubberised bezel. Instead of a smooth surface with a few dots on the rim to help keep your thumbs on the sticks they have a lip that is a big improvement over the previous design. It helps grip massively. The old ones would wear those dots down very quickly & I can see these lasting a lot longer.

Only the front face is chrome, the back and area around the microphone port are both standard black edition. So don't go expecting the entire thing to be chrome.

The blue model is slightly darker than it appears in the picture. Shall post my own photos to show this.
review image review image review image
on 22 June 2011
This product is essential for one to game on the xbox 360. I play a hell of a lot of games such as the CoD series and assassins creed. There are 3rd party manufacturers of the product that claim to have better features but this controller looks great and feels great. i purchased this controller because my old one was victim to me spamming the run button when you run on call of duty...

The one slight problem with mine, but unlikely to be a widespread issue, was that the left button on the D-Pad was stiff.. this is a negligible feature and i wont lower the rating based on that.

this controller was a steal at the price amazon were charging 50% cheaper than gamestation and GAME etc. if mine broke again i will buy here again.
I received the package, well packed, about 4-5 days after purchase.

ENJOY

p.s. My review is all over the place, but in short... If you are looking for a controller click buy now and save yourself some time..... :]
on 5 December 2013
Came in the original packaging and everything. Was in great condition. No problems at all. Would order this again if needed.
on 1 February 2014
Product was advertised a 'Genuine' Microsoft product (supplied by Piranah). I have never bought any Xbox item which didn't come in the familiar green and white packaging. The item i received arrived in a generic white box with a bar code sticker in the side, and had a pair of batteries inside along with controller NOTHING else - highly doubt this was a 'genuine' item :-(