2,069
Colour: Black|Change

on 10 October 2010
This is the 360 pad that comes with the slim console. The distinguishing feature is the black d-pad rather than a grey circular one. Overall it feels more comfortable than the original 360 pad, but the most noticeable improvement is the d-pad. The directions are more defined, with rigid edges which aren't as slight as the original, and the d-pad doesn't slide around like the non slim's dpad did.

I play street fighter 4 on both xbox and ps3 and disliked playing the 360 version on pad because of the flimsy poor excuse for a d-pad. However, using this pad I was immediately at home, pulling off special moves with ease, (something i struggle to do with the analague stick or the non slim pad, even though i am series veteran).

If you're getting a 360 wireless pad get this one, it's just better. I'm sure Microsoft will phase out the old ones anyway.

K'+
22 comments| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 December 2014
after reading other reviews here saying there controllers might not be official I made sure it was Amazon selling me it.

arrived by courier 3 days after I ordered. Came in official plastic box like in pic.

lovely smooth soft glossy top half normal under belly. Don't have issues with finger prints well not like the glossy xbox 360 slims did.

the D-pad best I've seen yet.

£30 good price as it's better IMO than the standard 360 wireless controller, shame they never seem to offer the other colors at similar price.
on 25 March 2013
It's a controller for the Xbox, what more can I say? Good. Does not control time / space, or women.
0Comment| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 July 2012
This controller is much better than the original controllers that came with the xbox. The analogue sticks are much more comfortable to use & the "transformer" d-pad (though a little bit gimmicky) is a welcome addition and I can honestly say I prefer having the option to change it rather than being stuck with the solid circle type on the other controllers.

All in all well worth the money if you need a new controller.

Also, it's red chrome, which is awesome.
on 24 August 2012
This controller is very pleasing to the eye. I was a little bit dissapointed when the back of the controller was not chrome like the matt silver controller. But I did not read too much into this controller. The only downside is that if your hands sweat you will see the marks on the chrome surface. Otherwise its just another controller for the collection that looks nice.
on 9 February 2015
Fantastic controller. Exceeds the original Xbox 360 controller in every way (the one that came with Standard and Elite consoles). The directional buttons aren't a nightmare to work with anymore and the material of the analog sticks isn't rubbing away like my previous controllers (I managed to wear the analog sticks down to the plastic!!)

I've been using this controller for about a month now on both my Xbox 360 and my PC with the official Microsoft wireless adapter for windows (NOT INCLUDED). It feels great to use, with an instant response time and great battery life.
on 8 July 2016
Bought one of these to use on my PC as a controller, ive had a few pc reated joypads but you cant beat the 360 controller for quality and value.

Just to note you will need the 360 wifi adapter to get connection to a PC, the wired version works ok, but a play and charge cable only powers the controller and doesn't give a connection to the PC so you still need the wifi adapter.

so a fixed wired controller works ok, a wifi one needs the wifi adapter, play and charge cable will not work on its own
on 31 July 2014
Brought as a second controller for the xbox 360. Comes with a set of two Duracell batteries that slot into a holder that then clips easily into the underside of the controller and a charging pack that clips into the same place and sits on a charging cradle. The charging pack sits on the cradle and can be charged independently of the controller. So that you can immediatley use the controller whilst you wait for the pack to charge up. There might possibly be a certain amount of charge in the pack that would last you awhile before requiring charging, but using the Duracell batteries allows the pack time to fully charge. Pushing the xbox symbol in the middle of the controller connects it to the xbox. Saying an 8 year old could use it is exactly who uses it. One twin has used the wired controller on my husband's xbox before and the other had not, but it did not take them long to figure out what all the buttons did and were not long before they were "Minecrafting" it with the best of them.
on 9 June 2012
I don't normally go for special edition peripherals but I had to get myself one of these, it looked so good. Works in much the same way as a standard controller with a few minor differences.

There are two,
a) The transforming D-pad. To be honest I'm not sure why it needed to be changed or whether this change actually improves anything. As far as I can tell it works exactly the same and feels the same. It's not really a selling point to me.

b) The sticks have a different rubberised bezel. Instead of a smooth surface with a few dots on the rim to help keep your thumbs on the sticks they have a lip that is a big improvement over the previous design. It helps grip massively. The old ones would wear those dots down very quickly & I can see these lasting a lot longer.

Only the front face is chrome, the back and area around the microphone port are both standard black edition. So don't go expecting the entire thing to be chrome.

The blue model is slightly darker than it appears in the picture. Shall post my own photos to show this.
review image review image review image
on 7 March 2014
14 year old was completely impressed with the Colour. (it was a Christmas present)

Some how it makes playing on the xbox much more fun than using a black controller.
Me? I don't understand how, why, what when it comes to these sort of things... its a Controller - over priced in my view but is obviously the going price for all things electronic ;)