on 23 September 2012
This is a well written, easy flowing story about realistic people in a realistic plot. And it's all for free!! Hard-working people, divorced or widowed, taking a chance on what life has to throw at them. The frustrations of mixed communications and that of rejoining the dating world are easily identifiable. There is an understanding in the realities of everyday romance.
Unfortunately, although I did enjoy this, I read to escape my normal life, so I shall return to my favoured paranormal romances.
on 10 February 2013
I have to agree with Junkyardjaneb (a previous reviewer) to a certain extend, in that this is a story of everyday people and how they get together.

A nice, easy to read story, quite funny at times but in my opinion in no way is it a 'Hot Read' - I have read hotter scenes in a Mills and Boon to be honest!

Not sure I would bother to read another from this author because I too, like a bit of glamour, extravagance and to be taken away from my everyday life.

Too be honest - I struggled to be attracted to a man called Eric! :-(
on 18 October 2014
A really sweet story about older couple Eric and Lina. He is a single dad with two sons and a chef but struggling to keep his restaurant going while looking after his boys since his wife died. Lina is a restaurant reviewer and food critic who comes into his restaurant. There are some very funny moments as these two try and find their way getting back into the dating scene. Nice and light,ideal for a holiday read as very enjoyable.
on 1 October 2012
Excellent book! Yes there is lots of hot sex - in the restaurant kitchen, on the beach, in the beach hut, etc, etc, but this book is so much more.

It portrays real life perfectly and the assumptions we make, comments we misread and how easy it is to become blinkered to the important things by our life experiences and the expectations of others. Eric and Lina are funny, sassy, driven, stroppy, stubborn, set in their ways - basically real people you can get your teeth into and relate to.

It was a free book, but would be worth paying for.
on 1 July 2014
Divorced restaurant reviewer is attracted to chunky chef/restaurant owner with wedding ring, who later turns out to be a widower with twin teenage boys. Her job is stopping her making a relationship with but he can't seem to take no for an answer. Who will win in the end? Will this be a hot and steamy happy ever answer. Read for yourself. I would read another book by this author.
on 26 July 2013
The rating given here reflects the enjoyment I had when I read this book. Not only was the storyline great but the characters and the humour had me completing the book in one sitting.

I look forward to reading the rest of her other book which had the tears tripping down my face at the brief and hilarious sample given at the end of this book. I look forward to more from this author.
on 22 October 2012
A fab read. Ticks all the boxes and a fabulous freebie. Well written, nice characters, good storyline and steamy. Loved the main characters Eric and Lina, they were both strong and a bit feisty and their quests made me laugh on several occasions. Well worth reading.
on 5 July 2014
Romantic comedy. Immediate attraction between a chef and a writer, with lots of misunderstandings along the way, before they finally hitch up and sort themselves out. Not normally my type of book but it was a pleasant holiday read!
on 14 August 2017
a ok thank you
on 25 September 2012
The resaturant reviewer visits restaurant and meets lovely man. Tries not to get involved as business and pleasure should never be mixed. Lovely storyline showing just how easy it is to misinterpret what people say when the whole story is not obvious. Believable characters.