on 28 April 2012
- Delivery on time? - Yes
- Well packaged? - Yes
- Item as described? - Yes
- Make sure you open the lid before squeezing it in or out.
- Good size for camping or to take with you when you are travelling.
- It will not fit your pocket though, it's reasonable in size.
on 13 February 2014
What initially seems like a good idea and product is actually something that will just sit in your cupboard unused.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 31 July 2010
I saw this item on the Dragon's Den show and immediately went online to find myself one. The idea of a machine washable, collapsible water bottle seemed great to me. No more needing to carry around an empty bottle bulking my bag up, instead I could use this and fold it down when I'm done. Practical and green, how great is that! Whatsmore,if I don't want to fill my whole bottle up I can fold it down a bit more saving space.

After testing the item several flaws appeared. Immediately I noticed the cheapness of the bottle. The material itself feels really tacky and the finishing on the bottle base confirmed the poor manufacturing job. This is fair enough as this is a new design and flaws will eventually iron themselves out as the product is put into lager scale production. My nose also tends to scrape the edge of the drinking hole causing some discomfort.

The real reason that I'm only giving it 3 stars is because the bottle leaks from the cap when the top ridge is pushed down. What use is a leaking bottle? This shows poor product testing and is a real shame as all the other issues could be forgiven!

All in all, the concept is amazing but the product needs to be able to hold water without leaking if it has any chance to replace my water bottles. I would highly recommend this product once these issues are corrected and maybe a new revision of the bottle is produced.
22 Comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 2 February 2011
I bought this recently, having watched dragons den a while ago thinking 'it doesnt look like a bad idea'.

Firstly, it does exactly what it says on the tin. It holds 500ml of water (the same size as a standard shop bought water bottle), and folds up to about 1/3 of its original size. It looks ok and it can fit into a smaller space than a normal bottle can when empty.

On the website there was a lot of stuff about saving the planet and apps to find public water sources etc. These are pretty much a sideshow as this product is not going to stop people buying bottled water, and I am not going to carry it round looking for places to fill it up. I have personally found it handy over a regular sized bottle as I can fold it up and put it in my pocket with my membership card, house-key and a small rolled up towel and jog down to the gym to do weights. This way I avoid having to get changed or buy locker tokens, and I get more time to do exercise I like alongside a cardio workout, without having to spend all my time being bored on the treadmill.

This product does have some negative points though. Firstly, being collapsible the materials are not as sturdy as I imagined they would be. This is not a dealbreaker though, and they do the job well enough. Secondly the bottle does tend to pop out at first, so I would recommend taking a few minutes and going around each fold and pressing them down (which seems to have worked). Thirdly, the opening is fairly large and can scrape your nose, but I just tip the water into my mouth anyway so it hasnt bothered me. If I take a bag to the gym I would take my regular water bottle along, the collapsible one is no better unless there is a shortage of space.

A decent enough product and at under £5 it is very decent considering most people will spend that on a sports bottle anyway. Probably not worth it for everyone, but it does give me a bit more flexibility in the way I choose to exercise.
on 30 August 2011
The bottle design is totally flawed. I bought a second one to check if the first bottle was a one off mistake but the second bottle had exactly the same flaws. The thread on the bottle neck is not the correct a fit for the lid, allowing it to leak everywhere making the bottle pointless. If you can get over the first flaw then the second one is also hugely impractical. The neck of the bottle is too large so it is easy to spill water down your front and finally the manufacturing quality is really poor.

Changes they need to make are:

1)perform simple user trials before going into mass production. A 1 day trial done with the office staff would have flagged up the above major flaws
2) make sure the neck and lid thread match in size to prevent water leaks
3) replace cap with lid that has open/close drinking spout aka spots water bottles to prevent water dribbling down front of body
4) use better a better tool that doesn't leave rough edges on the plastic

Waste of money and the bottle doesn't prevent waste, it CAUSES waste. Nuff said.
on 20 March 2011
I too bought this after being interested seeing it on Dragons' Den. I had high hopes and I love the idea but it is not that pleasant to use. On the plus side it had no plasticky taste or smell whatsoever when new, is fun to fold down and show people, and is satisfyingly small when folded down. However, the annoying things are that it is quite easy to not quite get the top on right so that you think it's done up but it spills in your bag. Also the drinking hole is too big meaning it's difficult to get the last bit of water out without leaning your head right back and straining your neck. And then if you fill it up too quickly at a tap, the water collects in the concertina folds round the outside, spilling down your front when you take the first gulp. It did start to smell bad after a little while too but perhaps I was supposed to put it in the dishwasher more often. I'm still soldiering on with it but it could be nicer.
on 2 August 2012
It looks nice, and it is practical because you can fold it, but it is not easy to clean by hand (I have no dishwasher).
on 5 April 2011
I have to agree with the problems other reviewers have stated, if only I'd read them before I got it! Thought it would be a more hygienic alternative to reusing a water bottle as you can wash it in hot water, but unless you keep it upright it can leak. Used it recently while travelling and after it leaked (luckily not on my laptop!) I had to be careful and keep it in a plastic bag. I will try it a few more times but only with a bag where I know it will stay upright.
on 6 February 2012
its a fantastic bottle and can be used for anything. very handy and pocket size. specially good for outdoor sports and also for kids. thanks for that.
on 24 September 2010
I bought this item after seeing it on Dragons den. I travel a lot and find it very useful as I carry enough things in my bag without having to carry a water bottle.
The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is I would have liked it to have a sports cap as a lid.