Customer reviews

Curious George  - Follow That Monkey [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 25 October 2011
This film seems to work on a couple of levels.

Normally sequels of this type can be quick rush jobs, and this suffers from some of the same problems, e.g. lead actors not returning (e.g. Will Ferrel, Dick Van Dyke), lower production values. But let's face it, that's not what this film is about.

My daughter loves the film, she doesn't care who voice acts as the Man with the Yellow Hat, she likes George 'monkeying' (sorry) around. There's always plenty going on during the film, and it holds her attention very well.

The amination is all good and looks more like an extension of the TV series that a continuation of the first movie. The replacement voice actors all do well, as they reprise roles from the TV series.

For the adults in the room, it's not thrilling, but there's occasionally quips and funnier sections, but it doesn't make you want to leave! It lacks a bit of the charm of the original, which I can watch comfortably so I can't personally rate it as highly. But for the target audience, spot on!

I'd maybe give it a 3/5, but for my daughter, after all that's who it was bought for, who it is aimed at and ultimately the film should not be judged on my tastes but hers, it gets a 5.
on 26 March 2017
My daughter is a big fan of George, so I have the pleasure of watching this all the time
on 29 April 2017
One if our children's favourite!!
on 4 September 2017
Grandchildren loved it
on 25 April 2017
happy
on 2 March 2017
Grandson loves it
on 11 August 2015
Product exzacly as described, delivery was great. Orderd on the Friday and recieved on the Sunday!
on 15 October 2017
My little ones love it ! great purchase
on 2 March 2013
Very funny, my toddler loves it. Bought it for Christmas after he laughed watching Curious George on kids tv; he was ill with gastroenteritis and it was wonderful to hear him laughing at that fraught time.
on 22 November 2010
I bought this as both me, my husband and my 2 year old daughter love the first movie curious George(even after a hundred times!). This one is just as good. This film is a very cute, harmless, funny masterpice of family entertainment. It has a great sound track by carbon leaf and the comedy appeals to all ages.