Customer reviews

Lady Pirate
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 6 March 2003
I got this book from a friend of mine who totally loves it, so I figured I'd read it to see if I like... Usually I'm not a heavy romance reader, but stick with fiction and thrillers. But boy am I glad I read this one!!!
It's hysterical! I don't know how many times I laughed out loud reading this book nor how many thought of me as nuts when I did so at home, on the bus... I simply had to take it everywhere with me, only to find out what would happen next.
You have a 24 years old woman, Valoree, born a lady, who has been dressing up as a boy and managed to fool her crew as the captain of a pirate ship, mainly to get revenge for her brother's death. When she goes to claim her heir, Ainsley Castle, with a drunken as her aunt and the pirates as servent and dressed up as a lady herself, she's told that in order to inherit she needs to be married to a nobleman and with child before turning 25. With little time to solve the task, her crew decides to help her find a man to marry. But Valoree is one stubborn lady...
It's always something happening to make you laugh, and at the same time curious about what will happen next. Once I'd finished this one, I had to start on another one of hers, which I also loved. Hopefully I'll get to read yet another one soon!!
I highly recommend this one to anyone looking for a good book. Lynsay is a brilliant writer!!
on 13 November 2017
good story well written love this author
on 15 May 2002
this book is on my keeper shelf. Not only are the sex scenes brilliant but the plot is full of action as well as comedy. The heroine has some serious emotional issues to deal with but doesn't let that stand in the way of what she wants. The secondary characters are not only funny themeselves but sweet and caring and would do anything for theirlady captain. The hero is unbelievably wonderful, i fell in love with him myself. This book had me sighing out loud and laughing out loud. Overall i would reccomend this book to anyone thinking of buying it. Lysay Sands has outdone herself..tis is Ms Sands at her best.
on 27 October 2017
Romance, adventure, bit of a mystery to solve, it is all in this story, almost too much perhaps? However I like the girl power aspect to it and as for Valoree's seduction of Daniel after their marriage ..... WOW..... HOT! Worth reading just for that scene.
VINE VOICEon 31 August 2002
I have read all Lynsay's books and due to circumstances, just finished doing a crash reread all them all. She is unlike any writer in the romance field today. If you like quirkiness, with wild dashes of humour, if you like Jayne Anne Kretnz, then Lynsay is your cup of tea!! She does not follow patterns, but speaks with her own original voice, and delivers the really warm and fuzzy read that makes for one good time.
I love heavy romances with all the angst, but sometimes I need just a whimsical romp and Lynsay is the Queen of this realm. I laughed, I giggled and then went in search of family members to read passages outloud.
I mean the whole premise if a howl. Valoree has been masquerading as her murdered brother, the scourage of the seas, the Notorious Captain Red. But suddenly she is to be the heiress to Ainsley Castle - provided she can find a nobleman to marry her and get her pregnant asap. Since Valoree is hardly prepared for this task, it falls to the crew to turn this sow's ear into a silk purse!!
If you would like a light, romantic romp, then don't miss Lynsay's Lady Pirate. It's a gem!!
on 14 December 2013
The characters were great the storyline was good and funny. A nice book to while away a few hours. Will definitely put it in my favourites and enjoy reading it again.
on 12 June 2014
I don't know how she does it but Lynsay Sands has once again created an amazing book with very relatable characters and an imaginative plot. Highly recommended.
on 1 October 2013
different from her normal books. this one has the woman more in a mans world. really enjoyed it. nice read
on 30 May 2007
I was expecting more from this book after reading the rave reviews this book had. I was a little let down, the story was slow through out the whole book. I will normally read a book in a few days, however it was no hardship to put this book down when i needed to start the ironing. Having said that there were some good scenes with the hot-headed Valoree.
on 10 April 2015