Style Name: 16 Port Desktop/Rack|Change

on 13 March 2016
I bought this nearly a year ago, and since I installed it has performed without any issues at all. I wanted to upgrade my home network from 100MB/S to Gigabit and this was the best priced product from a brand name and it has been been a great buy. Some of my ethernet cabling is not the best but this switch seems to be able to send gigabit speed data down all my cables without a problem. I have noticed a huge difference in the speed coping large files or folders from one PC to another since this upgrade, so I would be happy to recommend this device.
A bonus is that the unit is totally silent, as my old switch had a fan that could get noisy.
on 17 September 2011
This device was needed for our office as we were relying on 5 port gigabit switches daisy-chained together that really didn't do the job. I looked around for a while to find this - the price was important, but as was the easy of use. I needed something that everyone could understand (i.e. just plug it in and it works) and this is perfect. It does make a little bit of a noise but nothing any louder than a normal computer - it's just a fan!! Overall I'd recommend this product. It's very reasonably priced and works great!

UPDATE!

This has now been running in our office for over a year, think it might be 18 months now and it's still going strong. The noise hasn't got any louder and it has just worked the whole time. Good solid decent bit of kit.
on 26 June 2016
Let me start by saying I am a massive fan of TP-Link products, the quality and cost of the products is excellent.

I purchased this to replace an old 8 port gigabit TP Link switch which I had grown out of.

Product arrived swiftly and well packaged and comes supplied with a rack mount kit also which is great, it also comes with a power lead.

There is also no built in fan which is a bonus to help keep the noise down in my garage.
on 13 July 2015
Brilliant switch, works well.

Switches to Gigabyte well, some other switches can sometimes need to be reset to identify the correct speed, this one works well in that respect.

Replaced a smaller Netgear switch which had worked well but I needed more ports to allow for expansion, this provides plenty of expansion.

Study, comes with Rack mounts should you need them.

Runs quiet and cool.
on 25 November 2014
I purchased this after looking at similar products made by a well-known manufacturer however due to this product being half the price I decided to give this one a go. I have used TP-Link routers in the past and found the quality to match the price. In this case I am pleased to say that the quality of this product is well over and above what I was expecting. The performance of the switch is excellent and I would recommend this to anyone looking for a gigabit switch.

One small note to make; for those looking to rack mount this product the package contains a mounting kit but does not include the screws to use on the front face of the mounting brackets. This is stated in the product instructions but obviously you only find out on reading this when you get the unit. If you don’t have any mounting screws and you plan to rack this up then purchase some along with the switch.
on 22 February 2012
I got this switch to expand my wired network on my home office, as I work from home on multiple personal projects, I have quite a few computers running, and needed more network throughput without breaking the bank, this switch sounded like a good product for a reasonable price. Of course I had to compromise as my original idea was a managed switch but this one does what I need now. I get very good performance result from the original speed tests I did.
on 11 March 2014
Don't let the price fool you, this is a decent switch!

In my job (as an IT network engineer) I've come across some atrocious network switches that were the usual cause of network failures at remote sites (Intellinet being a notorious example, regularly needing a power-cycle to get them going again). The odd TP-Link switch was out and about there as well, but as far as I'm aware we never had a moment's trouble with them. They're cheap, but they're certainly not nasty, otherwise I wouldn't have bought one for home (this switch feeds out to pretty much every room in the house).

If you're after gigabit networking on a budget, look no further.
on 13 December 2012
High quality & low cost, TP-Link delivers again in both performance and reliability.
I have one of these at my place of work and has never failed yet.

16x GB Ports 32GB backplane you wont run into speed issues here, with up to 10k MTU compatability you'll find your PC may not reach its maximum MTU as I found my PC's have a max of 9k MTU.
on 7 August 2014
Quiet, efficient, good speeds, fast boot-up. Bought this to replace a previous unit from another manufacturer after a power supply fault caused mayhem in our network.

24 ports for a lot less money than many other popular brands. This manufacturer is rapidly gaining an excellent reputation in the network space and from what I can see and have experienced on my complex network, this is another example of good quality hardware at a good price.

Even with more ports it uses less power than its predecessor as unused connections or those that are inactive are powered down until needed.

It comes complete with the rack mounting brackets as well. No rack screws though so if 'racking' one you'll need the cage nuts.
on 24 September 2012
I have been building networks from their inception - at first with coax in the early 80s - this TP-Link box would not hold 100Mbs connection to BT Hub - it was a direct replacement for a 3Com 12 port gigabit switch that worked fine in the same place but was short on ports! I must say I've found TPLink switches OK in the past although I had one fail after 3 years last month (I don't think 3 years a reasonable service period) - I've only had a Netgear switch fail once in the 10's of them I've used over about 9 years, but Netgear are twice the price - perhaps there's a lesson for me!

Maybe the QC isn't as good as dearer makers I don't know I'd say you may get a good one you may not - maybe the net wiring I have is marginal (cat 5e that tests OK) I don't think so - since the Netgear switch I bought to replace this was happy and holds a Gb link to the BT box - maybe the TP-Link circuits are marginal?

Maybe a larger outlay might be a good idea