Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Size: Pack Of 1|Change

on 17 December 2013
I bought the shampoo because I thought it was organic, but its organic character raises my strong doubts. Why does it pop up as the one of the first ones when you type and search "organic shampoo" is a mystery for me. The experience is good (smell, consistency, foaming), but it contains chemicals. A a matter of fact it contains nothing but chemicals. Let me start... Sodium Laureth Sulfate, COCAMIDE DEA - This ingredient is a chemically-modified form of coconut oil; used as a foaming agent, strong evidence for being skin toxicant or allergen, possible human carcinogen as stated by California Environmental Protection Agency. COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE is a synthetic surfactant; it has been associated with irritation and allergic contact dermatitis, reactions that could be due to the ingredient itself or to impurities present in it, such as 3-dimethylaminopropylamine. METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE is a widely-used preservative; has been associated with allergic reactions. METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE is a widely-used preservative; has been associated with allergic reactions. Lab studies on the brain cells of mammals also suggest that methylisothiazolinone may be neurotoxic. And last but not least >>PARFUM (FRAGRANCE)<<. The word "fragrance" or "parfum" on the product label represents an undisclosed mixture of various scent chemicals and ingredients used as fragrance dispersants such as diethyl phthalate. Fragrance mixes have been associated with allergies, dermatitis, respiratory distress and potential effects on the reproductive system.

Well, for all who would like to use an organic shampoo - do not buy this one, it is not organic.
33 Comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 April 2012
Great Price, smell, size and super quick delivery and yep I fell for the wording 'PURE' but it contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS) which is the one thing I was trying to avoid. It's plus is it's parabens free. I have been using it and it is the best one I've used to date but I'm looking for something chemical free. I'm African with short afro hair and finding decent hair care products for me has been experimental, expensive and I have suffered many a bad hair day due to unsuitable products. I will continue using until I find my chemical free dream product.
33 Comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 February 2012
I bought it because of its low price and lack of parabens in the content, I'm fascinated. My hair is soft after washing with this shampoo.
on 23 January 2012
I have researched these products as I am always looking for products using pure ingredients as I am not happy using modern chemicals that are toxic. This company says they use 100% coconut oil, however, my research reveals the following:

4.0
Health
This product contains one or more ingredients that raise a medium level of health concern.
4.0 Human Health Impacts [-]
Sodium Laureth Sulfate
Methylisothiazolinone
Magnesium Nitrate Hexahydrate

My source is goodguide.com/products/274058-inecto-pure-coconut-oil

Pure coconut oil is the finest oil you will find and is extremely good as a moisturiser and found in many products because of this. If you want these results buy the 100% organic oil found at Amazon for a very reasonable (but realistic) price by coconoil (green lid). You will not be sorry. But, I recommend you use it sparingly on your hair as it will make it greasy and then wash off after a couple of hours.
11 Comment| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 February 2012
Have used the Shampoo & Conditioner twice now and my hair looks great and for some reason is holding it's style without any effort, great!!
on 28 February 2013
Before I started using the Inecto Pure Coconut product line, I had frizzy and "wire-ish" hair. After using the products, it got a lot smoother and shinier. Definitely something I would recommend to all my friends ;)
on 22 January 2012
This product leaves my hair sleek and shiny, exactly what I needed for my previously dry and frizzy locks, have been using this for a few weeks along with the conditioner from the same range and friends have been asking me what I'm using as they can see the difference too. Would definitely recommend to anyone with dry or damaged hair.
on 27 January 2012
I haven't seen this in any shops (it would seem the well known brands have cornered the market). I was specifically looking for a coconut based shampoo as my partner was told to use it for her very thick, long hair and sensitive skin. When I saw this on Amazon I immediatley ordered it.

Its a very large bottle which lasts for ages. It foams up easily and smells really nice. The best thing is that my partner is not allergic to it (she is very sensitive).

Overall for the price this is just superb. I will be ordering many more bottles I'm sure whenever more shampoo is required.
on 18 July 2012
I got this Shampoo because I was getting the Conditioner and wanted to provide my hair with the best care possible, seeing as it was getting pretty damaged from weather damage (rain and wind grr!) Anyways, this shampoo goes really well the conditioner, made my hair smell fresh/clean and my hair was soft from just using the shampoo, then the Conditioner topped it off. My hair has improved lots, especially when compared to other coconut shampoo and conditioners which are a lot more expensive. Why pay more?! I'd recommended this shampoo to friends.
on 25 January 2012
This is a fantastic shampoo! Using this shampoo and the Inecto coconut conditioner has really changed the condition of my hair. I have quite thick hair that was dry and damaged, after using these products for a while it is now really soft and shiny - very happy hair! Thank you Inecto!

See one answered question