on 1 March 2014
I wanted a slightly bigger ukulele because I have trouble playing my daughter's soprano with my fat fingers! I'm a total beginner so didn't want to spend too much money on it either. As a professional trumpet player I know that when you buy a budget instrument you won't be getting the same quality as buying a pro version (certainly the case with trumpets anyway; a couple of hundred quid will buy you a Lada, a couple of thousand will get you a Ferrari!). However, I am over the moon with this purchase! It looks great; it feels great; it sounds great and it plays in tune. It appears to be finished to a really high standard with all the frets properly positioned and no rough or unfinished edges. To top it all is a really nice padded gig bag with a small pouch on the back (too small for music but okay for a tuner or such like).
All in allI thoroughly recommend this ukulele if you want something a bit bigger than your child brings home from school but don't want to spend mega Bucks.
11 people found this helpful
on 27 March 2018
excellent product
on 28 May 2015
Prompt delivery and a really great Ukulele. I'm just starting out and this really encourages me to keep playing.
on 19 February 2014
It is just what we wanted. Tunes easily and has a good tone. Cant think of anything else to say.
5 people found this helpful
on 15 April 2014
Ideal, just what I wanted. I feel at home with my uke band now. And even my wife has a go.
on 4 April 2014
I inherited a Sue Ryder charity shop ukulele after Christmas when the grandchildren had left. It was fine once I replaced the strings. On the small side I tried a Tenor for size. This is perfect. Now that it is staying in tune for more than ten minutes I am really pleased with it. For the price it actually has a very pleasant tone. I feel that it will be many years before my playing exceeds the instruments performance.
on 26 December 2014
Firstly, it works and it was delivered as itemised and on time. The ukulele and bag were not defective. The loss of stars is directly due to the action on the ukulele (height of strings above the frets). This was a very high action in my view and needs work to lower it. People will correctly point out "you get what you pay for". This is not a high end ukulele and is not priced as such. I believe their soprano ukes have lower actions. Hence this has only 3 stars. Regards.
on 13 December 2013
The Wife gave me this uke as a gift.
Overall the quality is very high, however it needed setting up to lower the action and it had 1 high fret that needed dressing down.
after this small adjustment is plays very well and sounds great.
6 people found this helpful
on 8 December 2011
this ukulele is of a very good quality and has a lovely sound to it . it comes with a sturdy hard case with a handle. the ukulele is made from mahogony and looks very good ! i love this ukulele and it would be good for beginners or those who have played for a while !
12 people found this helpful
on 11 May 2012
Returned this Uke due to poor quality and finish. However would point out that it was a cheap item, which was exchanged for a higher priced, superior quality item.
2 people found this helpful