on 31 August 2017
Great for keeping to hand for saving small files.
on 28 October 2017
Does what it says
on 9 May 2014
I now only buy Kingston USB because they work for me, I give a lot of Kingston USBs away as presents with Photos on & can rely on them to work.
on 19 September 2017
Good price and works reads/writes fairly quickly
on 5 March 2011
I bought two of these USB sticks due to the fact that they were so cheap considering their capacity; and I haven't been at all disappointed. They are absolutely ideal for my university work and I also use it to put episodes of shows I have downloaded, then I plug them in to the back of my TV or my PS3 and watch them on my living room television. It connects to my laptop with perfect ease, and copying and pasting material is very fast compared to previous USB sticks that I have used. There is a little green light to indicate it has been successfully plugged in, which is always important for me. I have no idea why, but I always like my USB pens to light up to let me know they're working! The design is simple and easy, the only criticism I would have is that it is very easy to lose the lids if you're not careful, maybe a permanently-attached lid would have been a bit more practical, especially when using them in public places (like the university library, for example!) For the price though, I can't really complain so I've given it five stars.
on 4 November 2011
The 4GB DataTraveller is my 10th Kingston USB stick. They have all been fast and reliable, the G3s, the best so far. Some of my older, smaller Kingston sticks have now been passed to friends and are over 5 years old. Most are used several times per week, on XP 32bit and Win 7 64bit.
Having read the negative reviews I don't understand why some people are experiencing problems, as I have recently tried other brands such as SanDisk and found them to be very slow on all file transfers, whatever type. Some older Dabs branded ones were also very slow, which caused me to switch to Kingston.
Kingston G2 and G3 from 1 to 16GB all manage fast file transfer rates. The only time they slow down is when handling very large numbers of small files with complex locations, such as copies of web pages I have saved. Whole web pages have many hundreds of tiny files, gif and jpg for instance. All memory sticks have that problem, but I have still found the Kingston ones much faster with those files than any other I have tried and I have tested transfer rates with the same files to be certain. The amount of available memory seems to slow transfer speed, as does doing other things on the computer while transfers take place in the background.
I highly recommend the 4GB G3 DataTraveller as it is a good size for most purposes, reliable brand and very good value at under £5 delivered from some suppliers.
0Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 14 June 2011
Tested it on USBDREVIEW utility and got 5.47 MB/sec Write and 18.17MB/sec. Which is what I was expecting at this price (6MB/20MB).

It small white plastic. It Widens slighly in the middle but not wide enough to prevent it from plugging into those laptop vertically-mounted USB ports.

It has a white integrated dust cover (that does fit very firmly) but it doesn't fit on its own back, so will probably end up lost, as most of them do anyway.

The key ring is 1mm gap - just enough to allow a think cord for a strap (not included). No security encryption software on it, but that's not a complaint just a statement of fact at this price.

Works on W7 32 & 64 bit, Vista, XP, MAC OX 10.5 onwards and Linux v2.6 onwards.

Erm...what else? It has the branded name "kingston" on the front and like everything else, comes from China.
on 30 July 2011
I have no idea about the technicalities of the product but it looks neat and I had no problem transferring the data I wanted to put on it. Reasonable price, does the job - nothing else to say, so probably not a helpful review!
on 9 April 2017
Good memory stick
on 18 December 2010
The Kingston data 4GB flash drive is very good for all my required data. the cap concealing the USB connection is nice an tight affording no dust or debri can clog the contacts. in all very pleased with this item