Customer reviews

on 6 July 2015
How does she manage irony in poetry? This is a lovely book and a good read for those who love poetry and also for those who do not. I do not usually read poetry, but like humour. Wendy cope sees the funny side and her lateral thinking powers are massive along with a facility for words. One of my all time favourite books.
on 10 June 2017
i am a wendy cope fan. i enjoyed this.
on 9 February 2017
Interesting collection of poetry.
on 3 March 2014
I would really have loved to like this collection a whole lot more; unfortunately, it just did not stir me in any particular way. (And sorry, no pun intended).
on 23 November 2016
poems to make you laugh and cry, easily accessible
on 12 June 2007
This is an amusing collection if you are fond of poetry and have some knowledge of the styles and poets that have inspired the contents. It would be a good stocking filler for a literary friend.
on 30 December 2013
I lent my signed copy to someone more than 20 years ago and have been missing it ever since. Am so pleased to have it back with or without Wendy Cope's signature
on 17 January 2015
fills a gap in my library - a new poet for me to try
on 14 March 2015
My copy had a different cover, Excellent condition, some page yellowing but very clean copy otherwise.
on 12 February 2015