TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 June 2016
Caution: the CPL in this set does nothing whatsoever - no matter how it is rotated. I'm not the only reviewer to say this either. Also, I've owned several working CPLs before this Polaroid one. In other words, if you're looking for a polariser which works - the one in this set is next to useless.

UPDATE: If you need a CPL you really should consider buying this one instead, as I now know it to work just as a good CPL should:Hoya 46 mm Slim PL-CIR Filter

I will test others for my wife's 46mm lens, and edit this review when I've discovered one which simply works well, as a polariser (and any that I've owned previously!) should. For anyone who isn't aware, a true CPL filter should, when rotated, clearly darken skies and very noticeably bring out deep blues in the sea, skies etc. All that I've used previously did just that. Meanwhile...

Beware!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 28 June 2012
When I bought my Sigma 50-500mm I was astonished at the size of the filter required to meet the len's huge focal length.

The Polaroid 866 Filter collection is amazing value for money - there are 86mm UV filters alone that sell for several multiples of the price of this collection. I bought it primarily for the UV filter to protect my lens (as in my experience Sigma lens caps have a habit of falling off. Viewing the glass of the filter in my Kit it appears faultless and when I look at the images with and without the filter it doesn't appear to have had any adverse affects. This being a kit you don't just get the UV filter there is a lovely filter case; a extremely useful Circular Polarising filter (great for use on or near water) and a fluorescent lamp filter. This last one I am unlikely to get the use of; but at this price I am not concerned about getting something I am not interested in using.

Its amazing value compared to its competitors- if you are getting a bigma at this price its definitely worth adding to your basket.
on 28 April 2017
These filters perfectly fit the new DJI Inspire 2 X5S camera however to ensure that you have the correct weight assigned to the gimbal you will need to overlay two of the filters which can be easily screwed on top of each other.
on 10 January 2018
Very useful filters, practical pouch holder.
on 29 March 2017
As always a great product from Polaroid
on 16 August 2017
Wonderful piece of kit. Works a treat
on 28 September 2016
Perfect
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 21 June 2012
I had seen these on sale elsewhere and was very curious about their relatively low price. I have a camera, two of whose lenses have a 37mm filter thread and I was specifically looking for a circular polarizer. Other brands were selling at prices between £24 and £30 for a single filter and here you are getting three plus a case for considerably less. There is a similar set of four such filters also available plus a set of close-up lenses that sells at a similar price. Very similar sets are also available under the Agfa brand. A circular polarizer of whatever size is usually the most expensive available (certain specialist filters excepted). For Polaroid (via Amazon) to be able to sell a set for the price asked necessitates that something has to give. That is quality!

For a stills camera (with or without video capability) there are many more pixels to the original image and the image is going to be looked at for longer and certainly in more detail than a moving image on a TV screen. Any faults in the still image will show but most will not be evident in a moving image. Filters for stills use need to be plane parallel - both sides perfectly flat and of the same exact thickness throughout. Video filters are less demanding and the professionals usually use optically imperfect gelatin filters which they will discard when dirty or torn.

As every reviewer has referred to their using these with a video camera, they will be quite happy with their quality and they are more than adequate for that. Don't be tempted to use them for still photography but invest in the correct accessories. They will cost a little more but the results will be better!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 8 April 2013
These filter s are good value and are being used on a Nikon V1 10 to 30 mm lens. The UV stays on all the time to protect the front element from dust and damge. It works well and does cut haze well.
The circular polarizer (CP) is very effective and allows sky to become a deep blue. Pictures using the CP are very contrasty.
The pack comes with a filter storage poch which is fine with velcro closing.
All in all an excellent buy for the Nikon V1.
on 9 November 2011
I read the reviews, they were mixed.I have used the polarised filter, it is excellent. I would highly recommend them...