on 26 September 2013
The person who I gave it to tried to make icecream for the first time, and it was not completely successful. He has not made any since, but keeps saying he will...!
on 17 February 2013
Makes excellent ice cream, very smooth and creamy. It does work better if you chill your ingredients before putting them in the machine - as the instructions state.
on 7 April 2011
I have never tried making ice cream before but thought I would give it a whirl :) This is a very simple machine and is all you really need.Even if you brought an expensive machine you would still have to do as much prep and the ice cream would be the same !
Slightly misleading are the claims that it takes an hour to make ice cream. Yes it does but it very soft and not what you and I would call ice cream. Its best if you make it the day before. Having said that homemade ice cream really is the muts knuts. The recipes are very simple and you will be making up your own flavours within minutes ! Give it a whirl it really is worth it.
44 Comments| 144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 September 2013
a wonderful new toy for the kitchen, simple to use, 1st effort of strawberry ice cream turned out well after 30 mins churning and looked and tasted mmmmmmmmmm yummy
on 17 July 2015
Bought this as wanted to replicate à great almond ice cream i tasted on holidays and got it at first try ! Totally fool proof. Next try will be violet ice cream !
on 8 April 2013
I did not purchase my machine via amazon however I did look at these reviews before purchasing. Unfortunately I did not receive the book that many of you mention. I did however try and make a basic banana ice cream that was stated in the manual but I had no luck at all!

I did exactly as instructed, left it in the freezer for over 8 hours, chilled my ingredients for hours and left it for 45mins - 1 hour with no luck at all. I also made sure it was running before I poured the mixture in. It was not thick at all, in fact it was pretty much they same as when I first put the ingredients in. I have tried another recipe that I found online however the same thing happened.

I want to have one last go before I return it as faulty, it would be much appreciated it someone could give me a simple inexpensive recipe that they have used in this exact ice cream maker to see if it will work.

Any tips much appreciated!
on 12 March 2013
Arrived in plenty of time as bought for a present. My friend is happy with the gift, found it took her a while to get used to it but once sorted has no complaints.
on 22 March 2014
Have made chocolate and coffee ice cream and both of them are better than shop bought.

No complaints and price was amazing for the item. Fast delivery.
on 8 January 2014
Makes ice cream in ten minutes, once you've had the inner bowl in the freezer for some 8 hours.
Makes about 3/4 litre. Good value for money and quite compact.
on 2 November 2014
Does the same job as my old Prima Ice Cream maker (no longer available) but ignore the 1.45 Litre - a 1 litre mix of vanilla ice cream was all it could cope with.