on 30 October 2017
I am sensitive to lights and reflective surfaces and I searched in vain to find a one-sided mirror to assist with this issue. I previously had a cheap plastic hand mirror which snapped when I accidentally sat on it (no, I am not fat!), so I wanted something of reasonable quality this time. I found out that there aren't many such mirrors available and after much procrastination (due to the price), I opted for this offering from Amazon. The mirror is heavy (as others have commented) and not very wide, but it is fit for purpose. It's attractive enough but not perfect. I don't like the fact that the two- part moulded handle has rough edges which can be felt when the mirror is handled; I'm hoping these rough-to-touch edges will soften with use.

An irritating element is the fact that on the magnification side, there is a sticky label which is hard to remove. If I remember correctly, this sticker is to warn against leaving the mirror in direct sunlight. After some Google 'research' I tried nail polish remover which was successful; however, the liquid was hard to contain on the glass surface and it got under the '3X magnification' label and, in trying to wipe that off with a tissue, the remover wiped the writing off the '3X magnification' label, rendering it useless. The '3X magnification' label was useful because without it there's no way of knowing which side is which of the mirror and one shouldn't have to look intently at a mirror's surface each time it's used just to determine which way to hold it! I think I'll probably have to put another type of sticker on the mirror just so that the correct side to use can be easily identified. If an easily-removalable label had been used in the first place, non of this would have arose. So unnecessary and irritating.
on 28 November 2014
It is everything I wanted. I don't think it was made clear that the mirror is double sided one side standard and the other magnifiying. Looks good too.
on 2 February 2017
This mirror is of a good quality, with a magnifying mirror on one side and a plain mirror on the other. There was an annoying sticky label on one side warning me that it is dangerous to leave mirrors in the sun (!!) which was so well-stuck that it took ages to remove. However, very happy with it now - perfect for checking hair from all angles.
on 25 May 2015
Nice mirror
Nice clarity in mirror glass unlike some of the cheaper ones.
Well made,sturdy construction
I personally don't find it heavy to hold
on 9 August 2013
It's very, very big and heavy. This makes it clear and easy to use, but not for long periods. You can't fault the construction though and it will certainly stand the test of time. It's also a useful shape, in that you can have a 'tall' or a 'wide' view.
on 13 May 2011
The above mirror arrived in good condition. It is attractive and the mirror is two sided which is useful when checking hairstyle etc and is light to hold.
on 6 September 2013
Good size mirror that gives a pin sharp image. I would have given it a 5 star rating but thought it was a little heavy .
on 2 April 2013
Lovely design and quality, simple yet elegant.
A perfect mirror to have on a dressing table,
ideal for doing hair and makeup.
on 18 August 2017
This definitely serves its purpose. Got this as a present for my Mom & she loves it. These are perfect, you don't need a plug in! An absolutely wonderful item Not hesitate to buy it quickly. They'd be perfect.
on 20 July 2017
Great product. Thank you for the prompt delivery.